Over

Your felt your heart breaking into pieces. Biting your tongue, you held yourself back from making a scene. Without a word, you left the meeting room. Bucky quickly followed you out.

"Hey hey y/n what's wrong?"

"I'm not feeling so good Bucky. I'm going to go lie down for a while okay?"

Bucky nodded with his brows furrowed.

You quickly ran up to your room and locked the door behind you. You spent hours crying in your bed. You heard Steve, Bucky and Nat trying to talk to you from the other side of the door but you decided to ignore all of them. You just needed some space. Feeling exhausted from all the crying, you took a nap.

~

It was midnight and you were starving.

Grunting, you got off the bed and opened your door ever so slightly not wanting to make any noise. Checking for any movement in the hallway, you tiptoed your way to the kitchen. You just weren't in the mood for human interaction.

You entered the kitchen with puffy eyes and reddened face and grabbed some cereal from the cabinet.

"Y/n...."

Startled you turned around to see Steve standing at the doorway with his arms crossed.

He studied your face. It was clear that you've been crying your eyes out.

Completely ignoring him, you walked pass him back to your room and he followed you behind. Reaching your room you quickly closed the door.

His voice came through the other side of the door.

"Baby please talk to me. Did I do something?"

You cried silently stuffing your face with cereal.

"Can I at least come in? Y/n please..."

After a few hours you slowly cracked the door open a little to find Steve sat leaning on the wall in front of your room, sleeping.

You nudged his shoulder waking him up.
"Captain...wake up"

Stirring he slowly opened his eyes.
"Y/n? Is everything okay?" He asked standing up.

You cleared your throat "We'll talk tomorrow Captain. Go to sleep" and you made your way back into your room.

"You don't want to sleep with me tonight?" He asked with a pained expression.

"No...I just need some space" you closed the door on his face.

'

The next morning during training, you didn't hold back. He just studied your expression taking all the hits you were throwing his way. He didn't try to block the blows but the blows that landed on him didn't even move him an inch. Finally you had him straddled under you and exhaustion hit you. With sweat dripping down your nose and lashes you got off of him, grabbed your bottle and made your way out the gym.

"Are you going to tell me what I did?" He asked grabbing your arm.

Taking a deep breath,

"Why didn't you choose me?"

His brows furrowed.

"For the mission" you finished.

He quickly wore a different facial expression almost like the Captain America had taken over.

"It's risky" he stated.

You scoffed in disbelief.

"Seriously Captain?! I've been training with you for two whole months and you still think I'm not capable. I took Bucky down the other day!" You yelled.