Captain Rogers

Days became weeks.

You tried to keep yourself busy.
You spent most of your time training and hanging out with Bucky. Both of you went on a few missions together. You learned a lot of things during the missions. Tony even encouraged you to lead a mission with a bunch of Shield agents at your disposal.
Although you struggled at first, it felt good to finally serve some purpose.

You missed Steve. He was your best friend. Although you guys dated only for a few months, you spent most of your time with him and grew comfortable around him. You started opening up about your past to him. You helped each other through your nightmares. To not have that person by your side to support you was hard on you.

You were tempted to contact him but you knew that it would only make things more difficult for him so you would just take in the information that Tony provides from time to time.

~

Weeks became months.

Bzzzzzzzz! Bzzzzzzzz!

Your phone buzzed. Grunting you picked it up from your night stand and switched the alarm off. Crawling put of bed, you made a beeline to the bathroom. After a hot shower you wiped the steam off the mirror with your palms and stared at your reflection.

Steve, Nat and Sam were on their way back and anxiety was taking you over. Taking a deep breath, you put on your suit and made your way to the kitchen.

"Hey Bucky, had your breakfast already?" You gave him a warm smile.

"Yeah I tried making pancakes. Hope you like it" he shrugged placing a plate in front of you.

"Well, you didn't burn it this time. That's definitely something" you teased him while he gave you a sarcastic smile.

"Hmmmmm not ...bad" you said chewing what felt like rubber.

"You know what?! No more for you" he said pulling your plate towards him and you laughed.

"Mr Barnes and Ms Y/n, Tony has requested to see you in the meeting room" both of you jumped a little at Friday's voice.

Your heart started beating fast.

"You ready?" Bucky gave you a pity smile.

"Have I got a choice?" You asked with a shrug.

Going down the elevator you could feel your heart beating out of your chest. You swallowed hard again and again trying to get rid of the lump in your throat. Bucky squeezed your hand comforting you.

When you walked into the meeting room, before you could even say anything Nat jumped up on you and you fell to the ground. She hugged you tightly.
"Nat.... I...I can't breathe"
"Oh my god! I missed you so much!" She squealed and you pressed a kiss on her cheek getting off the ground.

"I missed you too Nat!"

Sam gave you a hug as well "Hi y/n"
"Hey Sam! So good to see you again".

Pulling away from Sam your eyes fell on Steve standing behind Sam. You studied his face for a few seconds. He looked different with beard and long hair.

Quickly recovering, you gave him a nod with a tight lipped smile before walking further into the room. You couldn't just ignore him, he was your superior still.
He stood there clueless. He didn't know what he was expecting you to do but it definitely wasn't that.

The meeting went on for hours with updates and findings from Sam, Nat and Steve. He kept glancing at you the entire time but you didn't look his way even once. You kept your focus on the meeting.