The Secret

"Emar, Zyrnn, there is something you don't know."  Xvan's tone changed from one of worry to one of apology and sincerity. He looked over to his younger sister who was sitting in a chair. She gave him a look of pled to not tell them as it was not bad. 

        "That I was kept after the training was done for the rest of the group. Thraz wanted to test my skills more on a blaster." The younger sister said this as she interrupted her brother from speaking. In her mind what had gone on to think that it was normal. She had read the things about how hard it was for some foundlings in training. She also read up on the type of training that most foundlings get when they first are accepted into a clan. 

      Zyrnn, her new father, looked between the two siblings before looking at his wife. He had a look in his eyes only the two could understand. His expressions then dropped and he looked at his adi'ka (son or daughter in mando'a).

       "Well, you are new and he had yet to meet you before you showed up today. So that would make sense. He just wanted to get a sense of your skills. After all, many think you will become a strong female Mandalorian." He spoke in a slight monotone voice. Didn't wanna make anything obvious. As the Alor'ad anything that was said that could be suspicious he had to keep tabs on. 

      "Well, I hope you did well and he has a better understanding. Hopefully, he does have a better understanding. We should be getting a report here soon from him." Emar spoke calmly and gave a small smile to the two siblings. She also had to keep tabs but different ones from her husband. "Alright, kids. You both get rest. Xvan, I need to meet with you in a little while but be ready if your vod tries to do something. After all, she is on bed rest." Emar stood slowly and then placed her forehead on Strikers gently. 

      "She will be fine buir," Xvan spoke calmly as he then stood close to where his sister was sitting. He watched the parents nod to each other, but their buckets back on, and walk out the room one after another. The door slid shut behind them softly. Soon the older brother turned and looked at her. He looked worried but also slightly frustrated. "Striker, why did you interrupt me?"

     "Because I am fine. Based on what I had read that is normal for foundlings. Trainers sometimes pull others away so they can get a better idea of how they are. That is what Thraz did with me." She sounded innocent as she spoke. There was a small hit of frustration back at her brother but it passed quickly. 

     "Vod, that isn't normal in all clans." He spoke as his tone got softer. Xvan was worried for his sister. She got put with one of the toughest trainers in the whole clan. Most young mando's would make it through his training and then after that become very disciplined. Only taking when they are told to, doing everything to the highest remark, training for hours every day if not called to do something else. He knew this because when he was younger he had befriended a founding who trained with Thraz. As time went on, the two adiik started to talk less and less. Growing apart all because the other didn't have time to relax and hang out. 

     Striker sighed and then shook her head. Ignoring what he had said and then laid down and rolled over. Her back facing away from him. She said nothing else as her breathing soon became steady and her form relaxed. The youngest Sol'ar had fallen asleep. The room fell quiet and the only sound that was heard was the occasional boots outside of the two's door. The clacking of boot armor hitting against the floor for some. 

     Xvan sighed and then turned around and walked over to a chair. He sat down and hunched over slightly. Memories passed through his head when he was younger. He soon closed his eyes and rubbed his face; taking in a deep breath and then leaning back. He was somehow not tired at all. He realized that his young sister was still in her training suit. Part of him wanted to wake her up but the other half decided not to. In the end, he didn't wake her. Letting her sleep for a while before training will be called tomorrow at 0830.