Chapter 1

***Third-person pov***

***May 28, 1995, Kansas Pikesville***

It was a clear sky that night in Pikesville, farmer Samuel Johnson was going through the last of his cattle to make sure they were all safe and sound. The man stood 1.80 m tall, had hazel brown hair and cobalt blue eyes.

He and his wife were happily married, and they had a one-year-old son already driving them nuts, he wouldn't have changed anything in his life.

Although he had a piece of sad news, he heard this morning, the man he grew up watching his movies, the one they all called superman, had a horse accident that had him in the hospital.

Although he wouldn't show it, Samuel was an avid fan of the superman comic books growing up, and always wished he could fly in the sky like the man of tomorrow, but unfortunately, he had to grow up.

He just stood next to the cows and said to himself, "Lord, I thank you for the gift you had given me of having a livelihood for my family, but I wish, I wish that you would send help to the man who is my childhood hero." And then he added jokingly, in the thought that God was too busy listening to him, "oh and if you could, please send baby superman to this land, thanks."

He was about to turn back to his house when all of a sudden, a bright light appeared out of the sky. He looked up and saw that it has gotten closer to him, so with no thought spared, he ducked out of the way, and to the side, where he watched the object falling on the place he just stood on.

As the dust cleared, Samuel had gotten closer and closer, cuffing like crazy all the way. He waved his hand in a vain attempt to disperse the remaining dust cloud.

Then, when he has gotten close enough to the drop site, he was halted in his place when he saw the object.

It was a big metallic, cylindrical-shaped object, it had four outstretched wings at the bottom, but what Sam was looking for was the big diamond-shaped shield with the S on it but couldn't find it.

He thought maybe he was looking at the wrong angle, so he was getting closer to the rocket, but just as he did, the rocket hissed and opened a side door.

Sam had picked his head closer to the alien craft and was stunned yet again. In the pod was a baby boy, with raven black hair, and eyes so blue it was unbelievable.

Then he looked up to the sky and said, "you were listening? Oh my... I was kidding about the last part!!!"

Unbeknownst to him, the entity that created this universe was laughing its metaphorical and metaphysical ass off.

While that happened, he took the baby out of the alien spaceship, all the while thinking, -how the hell am I supposed to explain this to Angela? –

He took the baby in his hands and braced himself to being chewed out by his wife.

He opened his door and saw that his wife was at the sink doing the dishes, she was a beautiful woman, she stood 1.65 m tall, had honey blonde hair, and emerald, green eyes.

it was at that time that he cleared his throat and said to his wife, "hey honey... you would never guess what just happened..."

"Oh, do tell sweety."

Well, you see... I was just getting the cattle ready back at their place for the night and after that I sort of just looked at the night sky and send a little prayer to God. In it, I thanked him for giving me you and David but also prayed for several people's health."