Chapter 9

***Chris/Superman pov***

Chris was now standing in the middle of the green energy force field his brother had created using his power ring, his brother, while focusing on keeping the force field up, asked David Clark, now Captain America, "David... I thought you were done with fighting?"

The now costumed super soldier shook his head and said, "The Tora said that if you see life in danger and you can do something about it, you have an obligation to help out, and when I saw all of you on the news, I knew I needed to help... Dave..."

He then looked at Chris and said, "Dave's brother."

Chris and Dave looked at each other, and then Chris asked, "H-how did you know?"

"you weren't hiding it as well as you thought, plus I have sharp senses thanks to whatever experiments they performed on me.:

Then Dave said struggling to keep his focus, "That is all well and good, but let's catch up later when we are not surrounded by a whole lot of enemies!"

That shook Chris out of his momentary stupor, and then Peter spoke up, "Right, anyone got a plan to help us out of this situation? I'm all ears."

He then turned to Chris and said, "How 'bout you fearless leader?"

Chris just shook his head and said, "Not this time, this is the first time I've faced these many numbers head-on, I think that our resident soldiers should take the lead on this one." He said that as he looked at Captain America and Green Lantern.

David just nodded his head and said, "Right, so let's do a quick recap, these..."

"Quarth." Chris said."

"Right, Quarth, seems to have the numerical advantage, and they seem to attack us on multiple fronts," Chris intervened at that and said, "well it seems that heroes rise around the world to defend their homes, I was just in London and it seemed that King Arthur himself came back to fight." Everyone blinked at that, but then Captain America continued, "ok... so we've got some front covered, that's good, now getting back to the Quarth that we are facing here, while it seems that Superman and Green Lantern can do significant damage, they seem to have a tough hide, so Spiderman, you're with me, I think we should let them try and have a friendly fire, is our best strategy," he then looked up at Chris and Dave while pointing at them and said, "Superman, Green Lantern, you guys are on the offensive, so far it seemed that this... power ring of yours is very effective against them, so make sure to give them Hell..."

Chris nodded and said, "Alright, we got a plan, anything else?"

Spiderman then said, "Just... one more thing... we need a battle cry."

Chris gave him the 'Are you kidding me right now?' look, but Pete just shrugged his shoulders, Chris then exhaled, and a smirk came onto his face as he said aloud, "JUSTICE AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" and they went out.

Chris was flying forward, clearing a path for his comrades, both his fists were facing forward, and he plowed right through the mob of Quarth that was on their way, soon enough, he was joined by his brother on his side, they looked at each other, and they smirked at the fact that they were flying together, and his brother exclaimed aloud, "THIS IS SO AWESOME!" as he made a construct of a drill around him, and went right through a hoard of Quarth that came their way.

He saw several Mech units train their weapons on them, so he fired up his heat vision and melted them away, along with the pilots inside.

It was a matter of life or death, so in this case, he didn't have any qualms about killing them.

As he was fighting them, he saw Pete in the corner of his eye jumping and dodging the Quarth attacks, he even webbed up one of the mech's Visors, impairing its vision, and soon after in the confusion, the mech shot at it's comrades.