Chapter 2

***Chris pov***

Chris and peter had hit it off quite well, as it turns out, both of them had gravitated towards biotechnology as a major, while peter had leaned more towards psychology as his miner, while Chris minored in mythology, even if he wasn't sure if he was going to be a superhero, he wanted to play on the safe side of things and be ready for anything that might come his way, and after reading several superman comic books, that included mythology.

Now, he was raised Christian but right now was more of an agnostic so you could say he was more open-minded to the whole concept of powerful beings that are existing and are called gods.

Right now they were studying Greek mythology, and since some of the people there were only in the class since they had nothing else to study, not all of the class had taken it seriously. Some of them even went as far as to ask why isn't the mythology like it was presented on Disney's Hercules, and of course, there were those idiots who claimed that Disney was right and that the source material was wrong... dumbasses.

So now they had gotten to the subject of Amazons, and immediately everyone had thought about wonder woman since she was the most famous fictional amazon ever. But again the teacher was there to burst their bubble, however, he did refer to some accuracies and inaccuracies that were taken from the myth when creating the character.

All in all, he was a cool professor.

Now Chris was in his room with Peter, he was going through the material in his Greek mythology studies, and there was something that kept bugging him, a name that was briefly mentioned that veteran Greek mythology enthusiasts were stomp about, but for some strange reason, it sounded familiar in the back of his mind like he should have known it.

Maeve.

There was no real information about her, except for Irish mythology, some believed she was the amazon queen before Hippolyta, some believed she was her successor, others believed that she was only added in mythology after the roman empire had taken over the Greek gods and mixed her up from Irish mythology after they had taken a quick look through the Irish lands, but fled after suffering a horrible defeat by them, so in order to appease their gods, had added he to their mythology, and others... somehow believed that Maeve was the Roman name for Hippolyta.

Chris, even though he had a genius-level intellect had received a major headache from trying to make any sense out of it all, so with a groan, he had let his book full on his face and he let out a frustrated groan.

Pete, ever the great friend, had noticed it and asked his roommate, "dude... you ok?"

"No..."

"what's wrong?"

Chris had lifted his book off of his face and said, "I have to write a 900-word essay about the amazons' history and myth, but there is this name that keeps popping back up in my head like it suppose to mean anything to me, but what is worse is whenever I look it up it's so complex and there are so many opinions about who she was and what it's supposed to mean that I am left with even more questions."

Chris sighed again and had just let the book rest on his chest, while both of his hands were rubbing his eyes.

Then Peter stood up from his bed and went closer to Chris and said, "come on bro, I could use a break, and frankly so could you, it seems."

Chris had straightened up on his bed and asked, "where are we going?"

Peter was putting on his shoes, looked at him with a smile, and said, "somewhere where we could have fun, and maybe that'll help you refresh your memory."