Chapter 10

***Chris/Superman pov"

Chris was looking at the large humanoid hawk in front of him, it was the same one he saved, but now it had a large helmet on, and in his hand, he held what looked like a mace made out of pure energy, and on the other, he seemed to have this strange golden ring with a green gem in the center, and Chris could see he was covered in the green energetic aura, much like his brother Dave.

But he could only ask him at the moment, "How do you know my name Volatilia-Sapian? I never gave it to you."

"When I came to in your fortress, you're A.I told me a little about you, and my name is Mandulian by the way." He finished the last part with a tilting of his helmeted head towards both Chris and Da'moor.

Chris nodded his head and then said, "Alright, now, I got to know now why us destroying that piece would destroy the earth?"

He took a deep breath before answering, "while it's true what the Appoplexian said about all Quarth ships being connected to the Homeworld, they had changed tactics, they saw that we went after that part, and the alliance also opted to leave several "surprises", and the resulting explosions crippled their war efforts, so the Quarth decided to change tactics, and they modified that equipment, it would start to collapse on itself, and create a black hole instead."

Both Chris' and Da'moor's eyes widened at that, and then Da'moor spoke up, "so what do you suggest we do? Let this vessel be?"

Mandulian shook his head and said, "no, there is something we can do to prevent that, we need to damage this ship so bad and then destroy that piece, after that it will simply explode, and won't create a black hole, the downsides are that it won't send it back to their homeworld, and you probably want the ship to be out of orbit when it does explode."

Chris and Da'moor nodded their heads respectively, and then Chris turned towards the Hawk and said, "ok then, lead the way."

Mandulian nodded and scanned the room they were in, quickly enough he fired up his energy mace, and smashed a wall that looked different after it was smashed open, they looked on to see a long stretching corridor that seemed to house many maintenance-related things, and then Mandulian turned towards the two of them and said, now here, you can start wrecking, just that the Quarth's equipment is highly susceptible to the cold if we could somehow drastically lower the temperature in here, that will be great..."

Chris, at hearing that grinned and just said, "Get behind me," they looked at him confused but complied none the less, he took a deep breath into his super powerful lungs and puckered his lips into a small o, he blew the air threw it, effectively condensing it and making it cool rapidly, the result? A white arctic-like breath came out of his mouth, freezing anything] that came in contact with it solid.

After he was done, several of the maintenance appliance's lights started to blare red, and eventually little smoke got out as they were getting destroyed by the extreme cold they were just exposed to.

Chris turned towards them and judging by the widening of their eyes and their jaws being nearly on the floor, they were not expecting that at all.

Da'moor asked him, "H-how did you...?"

Chris smiled and said, "Simple, I have very powerful lung capacity, so I just condensed the air so fast and powerfully that it froze anything it touched."

They seemed to accept that, and then Mandulian spoke, "alright, now we better get a move on, if they weren't alerted to our presence before, they are definitely now, and do make sure to inflict as much damage as possible."

Chris and Da'moor both nodded their head, and Da'moor started to position himself on all fours, and after winding himself up, he blasted off, running like a wild panther all the way, and making sure his claws dug into anything they could.