Chapter 5

***Third person pov***

In a different solar system away from earth, a battle was raging on, the hawks and their alliance were pushing the Quarth back, all thanks to the power rings the turta-sapiens had made them.

A weapon only limited by the user's imagination, a truly formidable battle it was.

Kanjelius had led them, he was soring high up, killing foes left and right, he was a sight to behold.

His son Mandulian was also fighting, but was now on an enemy ship, using his energy mace, he proceeded to bash every enemy skull he encountered, and with great strength, for their bones were even tougher than steel.

After he had killed the last man, he had put on his power ring, and flew off of the ship, to meet up with his father. then he heard it through his ring, his father calling him to his side, "squad leader to lieutenant, are you there?"

He had put his ring next to his beak and said, "lieutenant Mandulian is here squad leader, just took down an enemy ship, what's your status?" he asked as he folded his wings while flipping between enemy fighters, even though he didn't have to do this since he was in the empty vacuum of space, as an avian creature, it was pure instinct that made him do so.

"I could use your help here, I've got two destroyers on my tail."

"Frag, I'm on my way!" he said as he had wielded his ring to speed up, on his way passing next to some ships, who in the confusion had tried to shoot him down but resulted in a friendly fire to their forces.

He had gotten to his father just in time, and then he used an energy shield to protect his father, while his father had used his ring to create several massive energy cannons, completely eviscerating the destroyers to dust.

Then, the father and son, seeing the rest of the enemy forces fleeing, had gone back to their ship for a well-earned rest.

They had returned to their ship with the remaining force they had with them, as soon as they went past the energy shields of the docking ports, they had turned off their rings.

Then the two hawks had stood up straight and proud, it has been 4 years since they had received their rings, and now, both father and son were standing at about the same Hight.

Mandulian had taken off his helmet, revealing a face the most females on their Homeworld of Volatilianus would swoon over.

Kanjelius had taken his helmet off as well, his once golden feathery crown was now tinted with graying feathers, a sign of his advanced age, although he had plenty of fighting left in him, he was far from near death, just a bit past his prime.

He raised an arm and said to all the warriors gathered, "Today, we had struck a major blow in the enemy's forces, one that they won't soon forget, they are getting weaker with each fight, while we get stronger with each planet we liberate under their rule," he then took a goblet, filled it with a drink, and lifted up the air shouting, "to the alliance!"

Everyone else in the room shouted, "to the alliance!" and they proceeded to take a drink, when he was done, he slammed his goblet on the table and shouted, "and now, we celebrate!" and the room burst out with massive cheers, and the celebration started.

It was after the first round of drinks that Mandulian had noticed a strange cloaked figure making its way towards his father, so he turned to the Turta-sapien female he was talking to and said, "excuse me." As he hastily made his way through the crewed to reach his father.

Kanjelius was busy talking to several alliance officers when he heard a gravelly voice asks, "Kanjelius?" he turned around and saw a medium-sized figure, so he asked, "That depends... who wants to know?" perhaps it was the drink in his head that he didn't reach for his ring that was now resting on his neck.