Chapter 4

***Chris pov***

It was the night after the date, Chris had pulled Peter aside and let him know what he saw that night. And of course, his initial reaction was a total freak out, "what the hell?! Does that mean he knows what we had planned against him? OH MY GOD!"

"Pete, relax, we don't know why he followed us just yet, we must not jump to any conclusion."

"Why are you so damn calm about this?! Why aren't you freaking out?!"

"Because that would do none of us any good, now bro calm down, we need to be rational about it."

Peter had taken a moment to settle his breath, he then looked Chris in the eyes and said, "ok, ok, I'm calm... now, please tell me... what are we going to do about this situation?"

"Obviously we're going to be stealthier about our plans, and at the same time, try and get that piece of evidence faster than originally planned."

Pete seemed to grasp it, and said, "ok then, what do you need from me?"

Chris smiled, he looked at Peter and said, "ok then, this is what I need you to do..."

After that, they went back to their dates, Ashley then asked, "are you guys, ok? You've been there for quite a while..."

Chris quickly said, "yeah, it's all good, Pete and I just thought we saw something suspicious and went to check it out."

Peter nodded his head at that and added, "but it turned out to be nothing." He then went to Jen and gave her a one-arm hug, while Chris had done the same with Ashley.

They had made their way back to their dorms, Ashley and her roommate had agreed to take Jen in while she stayed there, and Jen, being the appreciative person that she was, had thanked her profusely.

Both couples had said goodbye to each other, and they went their separate ways.

Now Chris and Pete had gone on to their dorms as well, all the while pretending they didn't notice Steve following them.

Eventually, they went back to their room, and Chris immediately had closed the blinds, and Pete had let out a sigh of relief and said, "Oh thank god! I don't know how long I could have kept that up."

Chris nodded and said, "I know what you mean, now let's get our head in the game. We act, tonight."

Chris had used his X-ray vision to look outside of the window, and when he saw Steve had left his station and went back to his room, Chris had turned to Peter and said, "I think it's go time."

Peter nodded, and they both exited their room, and they had made their way outside of the dorms.

They had walked around until eventually, they had made it outside of his window.

Chris, not wanting to reveal himself to Peter, told him, "you'll be the lookout, I'll get in."

Pete, being the arachnophobe he was, didn't argue and turned his back towards Chris, who took the opportunity, and flew up to Steve's bedroom window.

Using his super-hearing, Chris made sure he was actually asleep, by listening to his heartbeat, then he was sure he was, he pried open his window, and had let himself in, not making a single sound.

He didn't even step on the floor, his feet floating an inch above the floor as he made his way to Steve's phone.

After he got his hands on it, he had looked in the files until finding the one designated 'notes'. He proceeded to copy at all to his phone using the chats, and he deleted the relevant history from the sender's phone.