✩2. The Siblings

Previously: Ja'far faced against the mysterious man! Their battle seemed to end in Ja'far's victory, but suddenly the mysterious man pulled out his trump card?!

------------------

A large, beast-like shadow slowly emerged from the purple magic circle. Only its upper body was coming out, but it was still much more bigger than Ja'far. The shadow had a pair of glowing ruby-like eyes, and it had sharp claws and teeth. The beast let out a loud cry, sending strong shockwave in all directions. Ja'far covered his ears in an attempt to withstand the shockwave, but unlike him the mysterious man didn't seem to be bothered by it. His cold blue eyes were full of hatred toward the white-haired man.

"Get him, Ratii!" He ordered.

The beast lift up its claws at Ja'far, preparing to attack him. Ja'far knew he would be screwed if he didn't run away, but fear had overcame him and numbed all his senses. He mentally cursed as he readied his wire darts, bracing himself for the unavoidable attack.

"Stop the attack!"

The beast immediately froze as the mysterious man abruptly turned to the source of the voice. A green-haired man was standing side by side with a violet-haired man, looking at him. The violet-haired man was none other than Sinbad, while the green-haired man was the man that was lying below the tree. His crimson red eyes showed great concern for the mysterious man as he kept locking his gaze with him. The mysterious man's eyes widened, but he didn't say anything.

"Sin!" Ja'far called worriedly. Sinbad looked back with his golden eyes, nodding.

Ja'far got his message and reluctantly lowered his fighting stance. On the other hand, the mysterious man was still looking hesitant to retreat.

The green-haired man noticed his uneasiness and opened his arms. "It's okay, see? I'm completely fine!"

The mysterious man studied the man from head to toe, and finally, after some moments, dismissed the beast. The other man sighed in relief, then walked towards him. "There you go at it again. Don't attack every strangers we meet like that," he scolded the shorter man, sighing. "I know this is a desert and we should be cautious, but..."

"I understand," the mysterious man said with eyes averted from the other man, "I'm sorry. I won't do that again."

The other man let out another tired sigh in response, ruffling his messy green hair. "Geez, I wonder if you really understand that..."

Ja'far dusted his keffiyeh and put it back on his head, all the while glaring at the two from afar.

"That person is not too shabby, huh?" Sinbad crossed his arms next to him, strangely smiling in amusement. Ja'far just continued eyeing them cautiously until he felt Sinbad's hand on his left shoulder. "Relax a bit, Ja'far. They won't attack anymore."

Ja'far again glanced at the two. "...fine, if you say so..."

After the situation had calmed down, they sat down below the palm tree. Ja'far sat next to Sinbad while the other two sat across of them. The mysterious man was still looking at him with his cold eyes, but they seemed to have warmed a little.

The green-haired man was about to open his mouth when Sinbad started first. "We're really sorry for what happened."

The other three were startled, especially Ja'far. "Sin!" Ja'far called out. He felt they didn't need to apologize, but Sinbad only gave him a stern look as a reply.

"Show your manners, Ja'far."

"Eh?" Ja'far didn't understand what Sinbad mean and could only frown. One second later the green-haired man bursted into laughter, while his comrade just nervously looked into another direction. Ja'far became more confused upon seeing their unexpected reaction.