✩3.5. Omake: Their First Encounter

*Two days before the fateful encounter between the Qadar siblings and the Sindrians, on the front of the running caravan.*

".....Nii."

"What is it, Shafa?"

"If you were given a chance to wish for something... what would you wish for?"

"That's so sudden, Shafa. Are you bored?"

"Please don't change the subject."

"Okaay... Hmm.... I don't know."

"Just think about something."

"If you insist... Maybe, a friend."

"A... Friend?"

"Yup! A friend that will accompany me in an adventure. That would be superb!"

"....'Adventure of Sinbad' again?"

"But you said to think about something! I don't have anything besides that!"

"....What kind of adventure?"

"Huh? Well... Maybe like... Whoah?!"

"?! We are slipping... Aah!"

"Shafa!!!"

*Shafa fell from the caravan and slid into a pit!*

"Nggh... Huh... What's that?"

*A giant antlion suddenly appeared from the center of the pit. It stomped its legs, causing Shafa to slip deeper into the pit.*

"?!"

*The antlion aimed its fangs at her, ready to chomp her!*

"No you won't!"

*Ardhi suddenly had landed in front of Shafa, dashing forward and cutting through the antlion's left eye. It cried painfully, blood gushing out of it.*

"Shafa! You okay?!"

"I... Yes..."

"Come on, we gotta get out of here! Can you use your magic to lift us from here?"

"...Yes!"

*The antlion wasn't gonna let its preys escaped easily. It aimed its long fangs at them again. Ardhi parried its attack.*

"...Tch, guess we have to change the plan, Shafa!"

"Huh?"

"Use your magic to throw all of our water barrels to that monster instead!"

"But, all of them?!"

"It's okay, we'll look for water later! Hurry!"

"...Got it!"

*Faithfully, Shafa pointed her wand at their caravan, and three glowing barrels flew from there.*

"Alright! Now, Shafa!"

*Shafa used her magic to fling the barrels at the antlion. The barrels broke and quickly soaked the antlion with fresh water. It screeched loudly before quickly retreating into its lair.*

"....."

"...We did it."

"We did... But why did it retreat, Nii?"

"That was a Giant Obsidian Antlion. That giant monster actually is a coward, really scared of water."

"......I see."

"We managed to repel it... for now."

"...Huh? Does that mean we could encounter it again?"

"There's a chance, but the possibility is low, so don't worry!"

"If you say so... For now let's go from here and look for water."

"Yup. I'm counting on you, then, Shafa!"

*Shafa then used her magic again to lift them and the caravan from the pit.*

"Alright, let's go!"

*Just as they were about to set off, a sandstorm suddenly kicked up.*

"........"

".........."

"...Let's just camp here, Shafa... Hopefully the weather will clear up soon..."

"Sure..."

(A/N: Yes, like I promised, another omake! Maybe you are wondering why I wrote omake in all-dialog format like this, no? Well, the answer is simple... It's because it is omake!)

Thanks for reading!