vi. Edgar Frog.

gif credit: ifoundsammygifs on tumblr

— in which edgar frog gets his girlfriend a puppy.

word count: 3,271

warnings: swearing, but all fluff!

___________________________________

Edgar Frog huffed as his head rested into the palm of his hand. You had just left his family's shared apartment, more than enthusiastic of the fact that your birthday was a mere four days away. And as excited as Edgar was as well, when you had asked the question of what he had purchased for you birthday...

He gave you an awkward glance and a scratch to the back of the neck.

I mean, he wouldn't have told you, anyway. But, that wasn't the problem. It was the simple fact that he hadn't gotten you anything.

Edgar had been trying so desperately to find you the perfect gift for the past two weeks. He forced himself to go to the mall, awkwardly walk down aisles of women's clothing. He had flipped through numerous amounts of catalogs, trying to see if just anything stood out. But to no avail, he didn't find anything that he knew you would love.

Of course Edgar knew your interests, the things you loved most. He thought about the things that decorated your room, and how maybe his gift could be an addition. He just ever so desperately loved you, and he wanted to find the most absolute, chart topping, amazing, tear jerking gift.

He was aware that at the end of the day, you would be eternally grateful, and maybe even try to one up him when his birthday came back around. But, he just wanted it to be special. Which typically, he wouldn't care so much about. But... you were his girlfriend for gods sake. His first love at that, as well. Edgar would do anything just to please you, to see you smile or laugh. So, who was he to disappoint on your birthday?

When the next day rolled around, he worked in the comic book store with dozens of different gifts in his mind. It was visibly apparent that it was eating him alive, and Alan couldn't stand to see his brother like this too much longer. Alan had even put his two cents in on what you might enjoy, but Edgar would just shrug it off, as he knew you better than Alan ever did.

As the Frog Brothers tended to some financial side of things in front of the store, a weird nose snapped them out of their focus. They looked back, and Edgar's face immediately grimaced.

"What the fuck, man?! Who's fucking dog is this?" Edgar groaned, running over to the dog who decided to start peeing on one of the comic book racks.