VIII

Honey woke up smiling, it was a long time since she slept so well. And she believed she owed that to the Cullens and the guys on the reservation. She got out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Minutes later, she went out and went straight to put on her underwear and look for what she would wear for the day. The weather was slightly cooler than the day before. She hummed and search for something warm but comfortable due to her usually messy job. She gasped and laugh when she found something cute but appropiate. 

A tight black turtleneck, black jeans, a brown blazer and boots of the same color. Perfect. She let her hair dry naturally and let it hang down. Then she went to the bathroom and applied makeup as natural as possible. She put on her favorite perfume, grabbed her bag, and left the house with an apple in hand. She got in her car and checked the time. 8:53. It's a reasonable time, after all she opens at 9:00. After a few minutes and just at 9:00, Honey arrived at the bakery and got out of the car to find a small group of people waiting for the bakery to open. She smiled happt at that. Honey approached the group and wave at them.

- Good morning! - her bubbly personality was contagious so people reciprocated immediately.

Honey opened the door and let the people in. She went to leave her bag and prepare the display cases with the desserts, the coffee machine, and to take out utensils that she will use during the day. She put on her apron and stood in front of the counter to wait for the first customer and their order. The first who approached was an older woman with a little girl. Grandma and granddaughter?

- Hi! I'm Honey and I will be the one who will be attending you today. How can I help you? - the little girl smiled at her and she pointed to something in the display cases. Honey turned and saw a lemon pie.

- Lemon pie, huh? Excellent choice! - she winked at the girl and the little one giggle. The woman laugh at their interaction and order a coffee for her. - Good, that will be $7.25! Let me get your coffee. - Honey grabbed the coffee pot and poured coffee into a mug, decorating it with a little bit of cream. Then, she took out the mini lemon pie and put it on a plate. She put both things on a tray and took them to the counter, she gave her coffee to the lady and the pie to the girl, ruffling her hair. The lady paid her and they both thanked her and then went to sit at a nearby table. Honey put the money in the register and got ready to receive the next customer.

~

Honey spent the whole morning like this, serving customers and delivering their orders. As the hours passed, more people arrived and others left. She thanked God there were moments when she could take a break and grab a snack. Among the clients who were visiting her, she recalled some of the faces she had seen the night before and she chatted a little bit with them. Soon, the clock struck 1:30 pm and a message came from Jake saying that he was on his way and that he was bringing his friends. She answered him that it was fine and that she was attending some customers. 

After a few minutes the door bell at the bakery rang and Honey turned her eyes from a customer's order to see who it was. It was Jake with two other guys she didn't recognize. They must be his friends. She smiled while finishing the order and then she gave it to the customer. The next one to approach was Jake, he jumped and landed on the other side of the counter, he hugged her tightly and shook her sideways. Honey laughed and reciprocated the hug.

- Hey Jake! How are you? - they seperated themselves from each other. 

- I'm fine! You? How is your first day going? - his smile made her smile.

- So far is great! I met so many people and they have been ordering a lot! They are so welcoming. - after she said that, she looked to the two guys who were in front of them and waved. - Aren't you going to introduce us? - she joked.