XIII

Edward and Honey didn't look away from each other. Alice could feel a strange tension between them and she was curious as to what had made Edward behave in that way but she kept herself quiet knowing that they couldn't draw any kind of unwanted attention to them. Edward was the first to come out of his trance and moved closer to Honey as he gently took the hand that was still on his wrist.

- Honey? Are you ok? - That seemed to get Honey's attention who started to blink and shake her head as if she was confused, however, she answered him.

- Edward? - her voice came out a little hoarse and that made Alice and Edwrad feel a weight in their chests.

- Hey, are you ok? - Alice came closer to the bed.

- My throath...dry - Edward stood up from the bed and took a glass of water that was near Honey and helped her take a few drinks of water. Once Honey felt comfortable speaking, she turned to look at Edward and Alice with a confused expression noticing the machines near her, the white room and the doctors moving back and forth. - What happened? Why am I here? 

The vampires exchanged strange looks and Alice was the one who decided to speak first.

- Honey, are you sure you don't remember anything? You were feeling sick at home with the boys from the reservation, you had some kind of attack and you fainted.

Honey's expression was still confused until flashbacks of what happened a few hours before began to come in, she could still feel the pain. Her eyes began to widen and she let out a small cry of surprise, bringing one of her hands up to cover her mouth.

- Oh God, I don't know what happened! Everything is so blurry and I just remember feeling pain. - She swallowed and her heart began to race. What had happened? What was all that? Where did that pain come from? How did she get to the hospital? The guys from the reserve took her? Where are they? Are they fine? What about Carlisle? Where is he? Bella? Charlie? The rest of the Cullens? She became overwhelmed with many of her thoughts and the monitor that measured her heartbeat began to beep, indicating that her heart was racing and she was beginning to hyperventilate. Edward and Alice were scared to see her in that state and did their best to calm her down.

- Honey! Hey! It's ok, they all are ok, you are ok! - Edward gently took both of her hands and moved even closer to Honey, his thumbs caressing her hands in an attempt to calm her. Seeing that it was not working, he decided to resort to his second option. Carlisle. - Alice! Go and find Carlisle, she needs him. - Alice didn't move, she was afraid of what might happen to Honey and that she wouldn't be able to do anything. Edward seeing that his sister was not moving, raised his voice to get her attention, which worked. - ALICE. - The girl got out of her trance and stared at her brother. - Go get Carlisle. Now!

Alice bolted out of the ER in search of Carlisle. Once she reached the waiting room, she entered startling everyone, her eyes searched Carlisle's amber eyes and she approached him. He approached her, worried when he saw the state in which Alice entered.

- Alice, what's wrong? - Carlisle gently took her shoulders.

Alice looked at him with panic-filled eyes and then turned to look at everyone else present and finally, she returned her gaze to Carlisle as she couldn't handle everyone's anxious gaze on her.

- It's Honey. She's awake and panicking, Edward is trying to calm her down but he can't do much. - She didn't have to say it twice because Carlisle was already leaving the waiting room with Charlie and Bella behind him.

As he approached the ER, Carlisle could hear Edward's voice asking for help and trying to calm Honey down, he could hear everyone's heart beating so hard but it was his soulmate's that stood out, he heard her labored breathing and that made him speed up. He arrived and slammed the doors open, approaching Edward with a hurried step and his son got out of the way when he saw Carlisle approaching.

Carlisle could feel a huge heaviness in his chest when he saw the state Honey was in. Her eyes full of fear and panic, her face pale, her lips trembling just like her hands. He approached her and didn't care that he had his son, Charlie and Bella behind him, he gently took his lover's hands and looked into her eyes.

- Honey, breathe. It's ok, you are ok.

Honey instantly recognized who was in front of her and felt her body and mind take a calm posture when she saw that it was Carlisle. The beating of her heart little by little was returning to its normal state and without thinking twice, she clung to Carlisle and hugged him with all her strength.

- Carlisle.