Night-Night, Jake 🌙

Note before you read this chapter, this is a SOULMATE AU, but I'll explain as we go along. 

As the Beatlemaniac I am, (fan of The Beatles) Imma put a song here. Nyehehehe...

(I also recommend watching the Yellow Submarine movie, link available in the Conversations tab)

Yes, guys, I put two. Happy reading.

~

Never in his life had Jake never wondered of his soulmate. Supposedly, when you were sixteen, you get a glimpse of your soulmate from a dream. Legend says you only get it once, therefore it was important to have a clear memory. He didn't care, anyway. Today was a new year, with a new style, new friends, and new age, meaning he'll be able to finally guess his forever partner.

Jake couldn't contain his excitement enough. Thoughts waved past his head like a sea of questions; 'What colour would her hair be?', 'Will I know her?', 'Would she like me back?'. That question stuck to his brain. Ridiculously lubricous. Thousands of girls fall for him at school. The year before, on Valentine's day, at least eight girls asked him to be their date for prom. (He denied all of them and went alone instead). Not the point, but you get it. Jake Sterling was definitely, and utterly, popular. 

 Maybe fate had something else for him, who knows? A crooked smile made its way to his face, an assurance of a happy day, perhaps. "Ey, Jake! What's with that grin on your face?" Drew suddenly asked. "Yeah, you thinkin' of girls?" Henry mocked, catching up to the three. Jake scoffed loudly, "You know full well tonight's the night we get to have a little peek of our soulmate". Liam put his hand around the singer's shoulder. "Who would you want it to be?"

What a good question, Liam. One that Jake himself couldn't answer. He stood silent for the rest of the walk to school, (I know what you're thinking, Drew the daddy's boy walking to school? Let's just all ignore that bit). The moment the four guys reached their location, Jake snuck himself away from his friends and slipped into the music room, undetected. He heard squealing before they even noticed him.

 "Eeek! I can't wait for tonight, I'm definitely gonna sleep early" Milly jumped around like a rogue rabbit. "I guess you're still in a shock when Goddess Rosy allowed you to discover your soulmate earlier," Hailey shrugged, putting away song lyrics. "I know, she's so kind" Luke commented. "Hey, guys! See, Hailey? Early" Jake boasted, reminding the club president on how she doubted him. "Doesn't change all your previous ones" she chuckled sarcastically, slightly elbowing him on the side. "I guess everyone's pretty excited for tonight"

"Too excited if you ask me" Zander grouched, not in the mood. "Aw, come on, Zander. Just because you have Luke doesn't mean you can't celebrate a bit" Sean cooed playfully. Zander went a shade of pink. "Well, I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow. You postponed today's rehearsal, didn't you?" Jake faced Hailey, who nodded in return. "See ya, Jakey boy!" Milly waved frantically. 

~

 Jake reached home in a daze, ready to fall into his warm and comfortable bed under the covers. He was greeted by both parents, who were in the kitchen. "How was school?" Mrs Sterling asked, fully aware of what his answer would be; "Boring, like it always will be". The room stood quiet until Mr Sterling suddenly jolted his head up with a grin, "Oh! Tonight's the night, isn't it, son?", Jake replied with a thumbs up, mentally absent.

Mr Sterling's smile lingered, "You know, I met your mother the day after that night," he glanced at his wife. "She was so pretty, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I knew she was mine". Mrs Sterling's head perked up, with an angered face. "I'm yours, Daniel? I'm your belonging, am I?" she huffed, tossing the washcloth into the sink. "No, no, no, of course not, my dearest"

Jake stifled a laugh and climbed up the stairs to his room. He didn't care that he was still in his clothes when he sunk into bed, he was too tired to even shift around. 

To Be Continued