Chapter 3: Torn Reunion

When Esme began high school, every few months she had to move around from place to place. Her father explained that it was because of his work. Even though he wasn't lying about why they had to move every six months, her father kept the fact that he took this job so that he could have more control on his daughter. 

He believed that by having this job and the fact that they had to move around a lot because of it Esme was less likely going to run into the boy she knew so long ago. (Named Sol).

Turns out the two family had a history with one another, and her father; Castor wanted to keep his daughter far away from that family for as much and as long as possible. Yet, fate intervened and during Esme's Fifth move she and Sol found each other again.

School Principal: Esme I'm impressed, your grades are perfect, aside from the B+ in science class. Your grades from other high schools were all high marks too. Although, I am concerned about the fights you've been in at your other schools.

Esme: Yeah, what of it? I'm not doing it to earn praise! Sorry, sir, I don't like it when someone is picking on others, and my friends.. Also, if you read the report on the fight I didn't actually hit anyone. 

Vice Principal: We know all about it, and you're lucky that those fights haven't gone on your permanent record. We only let it slide because you were defending other students.

School Principal: Esme, listen I've talked with the school board and you're going to be granted a scholarship to any school that you wish. It is good for up to three colleges. That is once you graduate. Even if you move myself and the other faculty members will make sure you get what you deserve. We've also recommended that you get to graduate with honors.

Esme: I could care less, yet you do what you want to about it. Maybe it will please my father; however, I don't care either way.

Principal: Sigh, alright then. You can go now.

Vice Principal: What is up with that child?!

Principal: Seems she's having issues with her father. For, the moment there is no cause for concern. So, for now, let's just let them be.

The next day of school

"Esme! Hey, ESME!"

"What is it, Clara?"

"OMG! That boy over there has been watching you for the better part of lunch."

When Esme turned to see who it was, it was no other than SOL. At first she didn't recognize him, yet when he spoke to the boys sitting around him she knew that it was her Sol.

Their eyes meet for only a moment, then he came towards her. "What are you doing here?"

"I just moved her three months ago. What are you doing here?"

"I convinced my mother to let me go to high school. She had been home schooling me since 5th grade up until now. It's been so long I missed you."

"I missed you too. I'm in my third year now."

"Me too." They giggled and talked for the rest of the lunch period. When lunch was over Sol went to his foreign language class, and Esme went off to mathematics.

When Esme got home she had a fight with her father. It had gotten really heated, and just as her father went to grab her she used what she learned from the defense class that she took in secret against him. She then bolted from the house and took off. 

Esme ran away to Clara's house. Clara's mother called Esme's father telling him that she was safe, and it was better for Esme to stay there for the time being. Esme never returned home for the remainder of her high school years.

"You, seem different Sol. What's got my dear son in such a good mood."

"I met an old friend that is all mother." Sol said back in the politest manor that he could, then processed to his homework.

Sol's body guard  informed his mother that Sol had a meet with Esme. Sol's body guard was ordered to secretly follow him around and report back everything to his mother. When his mother found out she actually wasn't all that furious, or so it would seem. 

Sol's mother: Dara forced her son to attend an all-boys school from now on for at the current moment girls were a distraction to him and his studies.She told Sol that once he graduated he could do more of what he wanted, just as long as he was running the family business to the standards of the family. 

High honors were expected of him and he obliged to his mother's will that was until the day of graduation that things would go from borderline decent to an OMG moment. 

When Esme returned to school a week later after being sick, she found out from Brad one of her classmates who happened to be one of Sol's good friends that Sol had transferred to an all-boys school. Once again she'd become yet again. 

However, that didn't stop her from doing her best in school just to get as far away from her father as possible. Esme would prove to her father that she could do whatever she wanted and become whomever she wanted to be.