Chapter 7: Deceit Fashion & Lies

... Ring... Ring... Ring

"Well, what did you find out? "

"Miss Dara, that girl is .... "

"!? WHAT did you say?! "

... Click...

"Why that little brat! How dare she slither back into my sons' life. I'll fix that little tramp good!" 

A few weeks had gone by since after Sol more or less introduced Esme (under a assumed name as Jasmine). During that time Esme was feeling uneasy being around his mother. Especially at the fashion parlor. Esme could feel some ones gaze upon her. Every so often she look in the direction of the icy cold stare, yet there seemed to be no one there. She continued with her work every day for quite some time.

Then One day; out of the blue Dara: Sol's mother confronted Esme. "How dare you lie to me!"

Esme: Excuse me, I'm a bit bus...

Dara yanked Esme from her chair. "Ow that hurt! What?"

"You dare try to deceive me. You dare come back into my sons life. How dare you use a false name!"

"Look, here, I didn't deceive you. The name I had introduced myself as such us actually one of my mothers' maiden names. So legally it is my name too."

The two of them argued until Jonique appeared from the back room. "What is with all of the shouting? You're disturbing the Models practice run.."

"I demand that she be fired."

Dara told her side of things to Jonique. Jonique turned to Esme for her to explain things for herself. Once their conversations had ended Jonique said that there was nothing against Esme doing what she had done. For she registered with her FULL real name with the company. Esme Sheriek Jasmine.

Dara stormed out of the Fashion Parlor. "Mark my words girly this isn't over."

Jonique sat down with Esme to have a private chat in her office. Once Esme explained her history with Jonique; Ms. Jonique became shocked as to what she heard. "Oh my. I'm sorry that you had to go through that dear."

"Thank you."

Within the months to come Dara harassed Esme every chance she got she even ruined some of her designs when they were left unattended in the fashion parlor. Yet, no matter how frustrated Esme was or became she would go right back to redesigning her works. One day Esme couldn't find her sketch book. She asked everyone she could. When she finally found it some of the pages had been torn out.

Later that week one of Dara's personal employees had finished designs of Esme's sketches. Esme confronted her about it; however, since she had no proof that her fellow co-worker and fashionista had stolen her designs Esme went to drastic measures to keep her designs safe. She rented out a little studio above a Flower & bridal business called, Rainbow Showers. Jonique's owned the business with one of her closest and best friends.

"You should be safe here darling. I'm the sole owner of this place. No one should bother you. Besides most people don't care for Dara in these parts if you know what I mean."

Esme gave Kamie a hopeful grin, which turned to confusion and worry when Kamie had mentioned about Dara.

"Oh, dear I said too much." And with that she dashed off to wherever.

When Esme returned to the Fashion Parlor more and more of her completed sketches were there. "The HELL is this Esme yelled!"

Dara: Oh, deary me, You never read the fine print of your contract with us. If you must know you should've read more carefully."