Run, Boy, Run

Description: Tommy ran as he heard Schlatt's booming voice around him. He knew he was being chased. He ran, dodging trees and jumping over caves. He kept running, until his foot caught a branch. He fell, tumbling towards the ground. The blonde was about to stand up, when he met a couple of blue eyes.

Date of Publication: October 5th, 2020

•Words: 1115 words

CW's: Angst, Violence, Non-graphic gore

•Extra Notes: This was inspired by -kenzu's animatic, 'Run Boy Run'

[ × ]

Run boy run! This world was not meant for you

He was running.

Tommy ran as looked around him, trying to avoid a familiar mop of brown hair around. His heart going a million miles per hour, the ringing of his ears not stopping.

Run boy run! They're trying to catch you

They were exiled.

The blonde felt tears rolling down his cheeks, but he kept going. He couldn't afford to let his emotions run free, he had to get away as fast as he could, and find Wilbur.

How could Tubbo betray them? He thought he was one of the few people he could trust, they were best friends, basically brothers... but it turns out he was incorrect.

Tubbo was a traitor.

He betrayed them.

Run boy run! Running is a victory

Did he push him to the brim? Was the teasing too much? Did he go too far? Those questions kept running through his mind as he ran, provoking a growing headache.

He could hear Schlatt's booming laugh around him, engraving itself into his brain. The blonde knew that laugh would keep him up at night for weeks. And he hated it.

Tommy tripped over a root and slammed on the floor.

Run boy run! Beauty lays behind the hills

He tried to scramble up, before wincing in pain. Tommy moved to hid side and wiggled his ankle, realizing it was dislocated. The blonde cradled his ankle and closed his eyes, shifting his ankle back to it's place.

A blood-curling scream was heard in the forest.

Run boy run! The sun will be guiding you

The boy wiped the tears from his face and started getting up, thankful for the adrenaline rushing through his system, making his ankle not hurt. He stood up and started running to his left, hoping Wilbur was near.

Run boy run! They're dying to stop you

This was his fault. He shouldn't have convinced Wilbur to recruit Schlatt. He shouldn't have asked Dream to unban him. He shouldn't have asked Schlatt to endorse him.

He should've let thing how they were going.

Run boy run! This race is a prophecy

Left. Right. Straight. Right. Right. Jump. Left. Straight.

Tommy was running out of ideas to outrun Tubbo. He could hear his steps. His breathing. He was near.

Run boy run! Break out from society

A fucking rock.

The blonde stepped on a slippery rock, falling on his injured ankle. He hissed in pain, before slamming once again on the floor. He was about to stand, when a pair of familiar black boots entered his field of view.

Tommy slowly looked up, feeling tears slipping down his face. He looked the same as a few hours ago. How could he betray them.

"Tubbo..."

Tomorrow is another day
And you won't have to hide away

Tubbo looked at him, pointing a diamond sword at his chest. His face was full of regret, and his eyes were filled with tears. He could see how he trembled, making his grip softening.

Tommy saw red.

You'll be a man, boy!
But for now it's time to run, it's time to run!

How dare he pretend he was hurt? Pretend he felt guilt? Pretend he felt any kind of remorse? If he really felt it, he wouldn't be doing this!

Tommy growled and glared at the person he considered his best friend. "Don't pretend." He hissed out, staring at the brunette. "How could you?"

Run boy run! This ride is a journey to

The blue-eyed boy looked taken-back. "Tommy, I-I..." He stuttered, not knowing what to say. His head hurt. His chest hurt. His heart hurt. Everything hurt. "I-I'm so sorry..."

The grip on his sword lessened.

Run boy run! The secret inside of you

Tommy let out a harsh laugh. "How could you, Tubbo?" He said, tears building in his eyes. "Niki trusted you. Wilbur trusted you." He looked at him dead in the eyes.

"I trusted you." He said, his voice breaking on 'I'.

Run boy run! This race is a prophecy

Tubbo closed his eyes, trying not to cry. He couldn't do this. His grip lessened until he was barely holding the sword. Tommy realized his and kicked the boys leg, making him fall. He took the diamond sword and stood uo quickly, now pointing it to his Adam's apple.

Run boy run! And disappear in the trees

Tommy stared at the brunette dead in the eyes. "I don't want to hear anything come out of your mouth. I trusted you, and you threw that away." He said, before slowly walking away. "Don't follow us, or I won't hesitate to kill you."

He sprinted towards the trees, leaving a heart-broken Tubbo behind.

Tomorrow is another day
And you won't have to hide away

Tommy started crying while he ran, not stopping. He needed to find Wilbur and get to safety fast. He was thankful for the adrenaline running through his body, keeping him from collapsing. He knew he would soon collapse, so he had to find shelter before that.

The blonde looked over his shoulder frequently, making sure Tubbo wasn't following. Thankfully, no one seemed to be after him. Tommy took a left, crashing into someone.

You'll be a man, boy!
But for now it's time to run, it's time to run!

He quickly stood up, getting into a battle stance. He pointed the sword at the person who he crashed with, gritting his teeth at the pain on his ankle.

"Tommy...?"

His eyes widened as he lowered his sword.

"Will...?"

Tomorrow is another day
And when the night fades away
You'll be a man, boy!

The boy slammed into Wilbur, gripping him into a hug. He felt how the adrenaline started to wear off, how the pain started to creep around his body.

"W-Will, everything hurts." He said, closing his eyes and gripping Will's coat. "It all hurts. It all really hurts."

Wilbur sighed. "I know Tommy." He said, running a hand through his blonde hair. "I know, but we have to go. We have to find shelter and treat your injuries. Let's go."

But for now it's time to run, it's time to run!