Chapter 14: Friends?

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I wake up to hearing people's footsteps bustling around in the hallways, hell, why are people up so early? 

Or am I late?

I check the time and holy shit it's almost 17 minutes into breakfast, I won't have enough time to do my morning routine and get food. 

I guess I'll have to starve until lunch. 

I take a really quick shower and get changed into my uniform in record time, I tie my hair up into a medium sleek ponytail. 

Somebody just entered the room, must be Morana, why is she here? 

I go out to see the door swinging shut and a stack of pancakes with fruit on a plate on my side table. 

Oh my god, did Morana just give ME breakfast? 

This is so nice of her. 

I'm blushing so hard right now, Morana is ACTUALLY a little caring. 

This is probably her repayment for my very heroic act before. 

I practically wolfed my food and stuffed my face in about 30 seconds as I didn't have much time before 1st period. 

I rushed down to my class as Kyrie greeted me and we hugged,

"Girllll, why do you look like you are going to go sleep right here?" she asked raising her eyebrows, 

"Uhh, just that I was up real late you know finishing my homework," I lied sheepishly as I had actually finished my work the same day I got it, 

"Dam, past bedtime? Should have done your work earlier, " Kyrie said slipping her arm through mine as we entered our class. 

The science teacher talked for a little bit before telling us to continue with our assignments, out of the corner of my eye I saw something bright blue and I turned my head and it was Yaz.

Fuck, I totally forgot about the whole Yaz situation, unfortunately, Yaz caught me looking at her and gave me a puzzled look. 

Now I know that I have to deal with it, why did I have to look. 

WHY. 

I can't FACE my problems.

My mind was distracted and I barely got any work done at science, looks like I actually have to stay up today, it's like the boy who cried wolf. 

It's been 30 minutes and the bell rang for morning tea, I feel like crying. 

As I make my way out I grab some sort of cake from the dining room and go to the garden to sit down on a bench. 

Just as I expected, I saw Yaz approaching me from the hallway, I do think about making a run for it but that would make me look even more stupid than I already am.

Fine, I'll just stay, even though I don't know what to say. 

"So what's the deal with you?" Yaz asks as she takes a seat next to me,

"Nothing, uh what about you?" I ask trying to change the conversation, 

"Okay quit trying to distract me, Harper, I kissed you. BIG DEAL, you don't have to keep avoiding me," she says in a strange tone, 

"Okay, but it's weird, are you into me or something?" I blurt out without thinking, 

"Well you are pretty, I'm not so sure I'm INTO you though, maybe I like you, its evident that you don't like me though,"  Yaz replies with a very forced short laugh,