Chapter 13: Harper the Hero

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

OH MY GOD. 

Morana and Aeron just got shot with an arrow and they fainted, I think. 

What do I do?!

Should I call the police??

Wait no, otherwise Morana might get in trouble. 

Should I go and save her myself?

There's no other way.

I can't believe I'm actually gonna go this, it's like I'm some spy on a secret mission, never would I have ever thought something like this would happen to me. 

Okay, since I'm practically a hero now, let's do this. 

Oh yay, that stupid boy, I think his name is Lucian, Morana told me the time she got a cut, he left the little door to the secret passage open, right, I slip inside and climb down from the ladder, I wonder how they got Morna and her brother down there. 

The passage is slightly dark but I do see a light at the end of it so I keep going, this is way more exhausting than I thought, a drop of sweat trickles down my forehead and I wipe it off with one hand. 

I finally reach the end of the ladder revealing a brightly lit passageway, and it isn't musty or anything, it is quite clean, but the thing is I don't know where the fuck to go, there is a way which is straight and one which is going right, I turn right and I smell the delicious but strong scent of something strong and powerful something which smells like Morana's perfume she always wears, yes, right is the correct path I hope.  

I keep walking for about 7 minutes, I see someone typing on their computer at a table with a very serious face, shit. 

 I really quietly turn left from there and I mark the spot with a pen I have because then I'll remember the way back. 

Smart Harper. 

I hear some voices and I carefully approach the corner after a few minutes of stealthily walking, there is Lucian and his people who are standing and talking. 

"Morana is such a bitch, can't believe that she thought she could get away this time," a boy said snorting, 

"Yeah but she's not as stupid as you think dumbass," the girl says rolling her eyes, 

"We're better, of course, at least more than her shit head of a brother," Lucian spits, smirking, 

I start to get angry, Morana is way better than all of them, they look like they know who they're dealing with but they still act like they're better. 

Why am I getting all defensive for Morana anyway? 

I need to know where Morana and her brother are if I want to get them out, goodness knows what will happen to me if I'm caught. 

"Hope they're enjoying their time upstairs," the girl suddenly said laughing, 

oh so they are upstairs, I catch a glimpse of some stairs a little bit ahead of where Lucian is on the left, I have to think of a way to get them to leave or be distracted so I can go up. 

I suddenly get an idea, I have a bracelet on my hand which is quite heavy, and no, it's not particularly special to me or anything, so maybe I can throw it somewhere to distract the group and then make my way upstairs.

I slip off the bracelet and chuck it way further than the stairs because obviously, I can't throw it before them, otherwise, they'll see me.

The bracelet hitting the ground made a loud 𝙘𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙜 noise which made me jump.