Chapter 12: Sticky Situation

𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫.𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧? 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐟𝐟 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐲𝐚'𝐥𝐥.

Harper's POV:

I can't go to sleep, it's practically impossible, there's something on my mind, but the funny thing is, I don't know what it is. 

Here I am, just rethinking all my life decisions. 

My mind is just heavy. 

It's 12:30, and I'm pretty sure Morana's sleeping. 

I suddenly hear the sound of the bedsheets rustling, behold, I was wrong, Morana isn't sleeping. 

She gets up, maybe she's going to the bathroom? 

Actually no she isn't, she's putting on her shoes?!

Is she going somewhere?

Probably going to beat up some more people as she does on a daily basis I suppose. 

She pulls out a small box from under her bed, somewhere, it's dark I can't make out much but I can still see. 

Wait, is that a knife?!

Oh my god, IS THAT A GUN??

I see Morana pull out what looks like a gun and is definitely a gun, and she has a long and sharp knife. 

I think the knife is enough let alone a GUN. 

Is she going to kill me?!

Okay at this point I'm just being stupid, though she surely isn't up to any friendly business, only dangerous business. 

Morana lets out an evil cackle, damn, she really is giving me villain vibes. 

But she wasn't one of all those times she defended me though or the times we were so close...

She walks out of our room making absolutely NO noise, you could almost hear a pin drop- how does she make no noise like that?

I am curious out of my mind now, curiosity really kills the cat huh. 

You know what, I'm going to follow her, I can't sleep at all and then I'll get to see more of Morana.

I mean who wouldn't want to see her, she's the definition of 'hottest bad person ever'.

Look at her, once I stare into those enchanting eyes of her's I can't stop. 

Anyways, at this point, I have a crush on her, well not a crush, just a half crush. 

Maybe more. 

I get up and look down the hallway, she's almost halfway down the corridor, so I quietly step out but then Morana whips her head back and I practically jump back into our room. 

Fuck.

That scared the shit out of me.

I step back out again and walk quietly and slowly behind her. 

Morana goes out of the girls building and then she's walking into the BOYS BUILDING. 

OH MY GOD, she's going to kill one of the boys.

I hope she isn't.

I'm walking very quietly on the grass because it makes less noise than the ground.

Wait, how is Morana going to get inside the boys building if you need a boy's key card to get inside?!

Morana whips out a key card and taps it on a scanner and the door opens and she walks in, of course, she has a key card, should've known. 

𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I am currently in the boys building to get my brother to get Aureliano's ring. 

I slowly enter Aeron's room by tapping his key card on the scanner and it opens, my brother is already there with his gun, yeah I know- GUN. 

I don't plan on killing anyone tonight but sometimes my plans don't always go great. 

So we have to not follow the plan sometimes. 

"Hey, come on hurry up we don't have all night to be here," I whisper pushing my brother out the door,

"Woah, okay okay," he mumbles back as we quietly make our way back down to the car park, we unlock out Lamborgini and sit inside while talking. 

~~~

Harper's POV:

Oh shit, Morana and her brother are getting in their car, how did they even get their car keys, the school is supposed to have them, actually, I don't have enough time to wonder about that. 

Should I just give up?

I mean they're going in their CAR and it's kind of hard to follow someone in a car. 

You know what, I want to know what Morana gets up to.

I will not give up.

I quickly, without making a sound, sprint up to my room in the building and get my car keys, yes, it's probably the most rebellious thing I've done, I always have a spare car key, I mean I'm sure most people do.

I sprint back down somehow just in time to see that Morana and her brother are down the drive. 

I get in my car and silently also make my way down the drive and follow them. 

-----------

It's been about 25 minutes with me following Morana and I think we are nearly there to where Morana is going because they are slowing down, their car takes a left turn and we are in a forest-like place. 

I park my car in the other street and run across to follow them through in the forest even though I am absolutely terrified.  Here we go.

~~~

𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I and Aeron are now in Grand Ton forest, this is our usual thing, come, fight, leave. 

Never have Lucian and his little posse managed to get us, there have been close times, extremely close actually, but bitch, I'm Morana Wraith, not to brag or anything.

We walk for about 25 minutes and we finally arrive at the little secret passage covered with grass, soil and whatnot, I bend down and dust the stuff off and behold and my brother stands there, there's a lock, I whip out my gun and shoot the lock and it opens, well, breaks. 

I have a feeling this mission is not going to be easy, we have visited this passage far too many times for Lucian and his little squad not to notice, lucky I have my trusty weapons to get the job done. 

Hopefully. 

I quietly take off the chains and lock and open the trap door and red light and an alarm go off, holy fuck that was sudden. 

So this is what they did, put an ALARM?!

I take out my gun again and so does my brother and get ready outside and of course, Lucian and 2 guys and a girl come out, I know her, Sadie, that's her name, she's part of Lucian's father gang or whatever. 

She annoys me. 

Lucian shoots an arrow into my neck almost straight away and, well, I faint, and so does my brother.

Shit.

We're fucked. 

Or not.

Who knows.