...Happily Ever After

It was 7:30 in the evening. Saiko had almost reached her boyfriend Vineet's house. They first met each other on social media five years ago. Later, they fell in love. Although it was a long distance relationship, the bond between them grew stronger. She lived in Japan, and he lived in Bharat. Today, she had traveled from Japan to meet her love in person for the first time.

As Saiko neared Vineet's house, she saw an ambulance parked nearby. Two paramedic staff brought a man on a stretcher out of the house, and placed him inside the ambulance. A middle-aged couple sat weeping next to that stretcher. One of the paramedics was trying his best to restore that man's heart beat with a defibrillator.

Saiko immediately increased her pace, and reached the ambulance. Looking at the man's face who was lying on the stretcher, she froze in shock. It was Vineet, her love, her everything. Holding her chest, she collapsed there itself. She couldn't look away from the stretcher, and her hands tried to reach out. One of the medics closed the doors, and the ambulance left for the hospital. Saiko let out a painful scream, and started weeping.

"Saiko chan." a hand gently pressed her shoulder from behind. Recognizing that voice, she immediately turned back, and was dumbstruck. Vineet was smiling. She slowly stood up, trying to speak.

"I saw... You... There... How... You..." She blurted out. Looking into her eyes, he came closer.

"I was getting ready to go to the airport to receive you. Then... Then...." Vineet's voice choked, tears filling in his eyes. Then, he continued, "I... The flight you boarded... Exploded... Killing everyone in it." Clenching his fists, he started to sob. Seeing him in that horrible condition, Tears rolled down on Saiko's cheeks. She gently wiped his tears.

Regaining his composure, he continued, "After hearing that, everything went black. Few minutes ago, I found myself here waiting for you. I'm... I'm very sorry, Saiko chan... I... Shouldn't have... told... come."

Vineet lowered his head, covering his face with his hands, and started to cry uncontrollably. Slowly removing his hands, Saiko hugged him tightly. Though shocked by Saiko's move, Vineet slowly hugged her back. They stood there like that for some time. Then they looked at each other smiling, while holding each other's hands.

"This is not the end." With that, Saiko's lips sealed Vineet's. That was the most wonderful moment for both of them. Then, they disappeared into thin air.