Sprace

Handing Out Candy

Race POV:

It was finally Halloween and Spot and I had gotten dressed up. We were too old to go trick-or-treating and no one invited us to parties after last years incident...

Anyway, we decided to stay in and hand out candy to kids. This year I dressed up as an inflatable dinosaur. Spot absolutely hates it because I keep whacking him in the stomach with the tail. Spot dressed up as Hercules from Disneys Hercules. Not to be confused with Hercules Mulligan. I know you were thinking about him from the moment I said Hercules but IT'S NOT HIM! ITS THE DISNEY HERCULES, SON OF ZEUS!!!

Anyway, we got our costumes on and grabbed the bowls of candy we bought a few weeks ago. On average, around this neighborhood, we get 100 kids; give or take 10-20.

I'm saying that because sometimes kids from other neighborhoods come with their friends, sometimes they don't. Every year, new, younger kids trick-or-treat for the first time and every year, some kids stop trick-or-treating because they got too old for it. And theres always the odd few who can't come one year because they got sick.

Spot and I have gone the extra mile to get to know all the kids in the neighborhood. They all trust us and know we're nice guys. We try to keep track of who comes and who doesn't. If a kid is sick, we drop off a bag of leftover candy we have at their house. We try our best to the the best damn gays in our neighborhood to shame all the Karen's who give out apples and toothpaste.

Halloween is a night to have fun and get candy from your trusted neighbors. Karen's ruin that.

This year, we encountered the worst Karen in our neighborhood. She had the haircut, the attitude, even the iPhone 5. I feel terrible for her kids who constantly have to live with her behavior.

Spot and I were handing out candy while in our costumes as usual, when we say Mabel, Tyler and Chris. We smiled at them and gave them each 2 chocolate bars, making sure none of them had nuts since Mabel was allergic.

Not even 2 minutes after they left, Karen, the Evil Queen herself, came up to us.

"How dare you give my daughter something with nuts in it!" She screamed at us. Spot and I shared a look. We didn't even have the type of chocolate she was holding up and we definitely wouldn't give it to Mabel. She was trying to set us up.

"Look, we're flattered you had to make up some lame lie to come talk to us but we're both taken. And you're not our type." Spot said without missing another beat.

Karen huffed. "I know you gave this to Mabel! I'll sue you! And call the police!" She threatened.

"Ok first of all, we don't own a business so you can't sue us. And second of all, if you call the police, they'll arrest the crazy lady who's lying and harassing us." I said. Karen stepped back. "Cat got your tongue?" Spot taunted and laughed. Karen scoffed and left without another word.

Once the night was over, Spot and I celebrated our victory over Karen with some Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks before we went to bed.

Best.
Halloween.
EVER!!!

...

570 words