Jeggy

Couples Costumes

John's POV:

Peggy wad trying to get me to wear some ridiculous Halloween costumes that we were going to wear to the Hamiltons Halloween Hop. At first, she suggested Jim and Pam from the office... but I never really got into that show. Then she suggested Jack Skellington and Sally... but I denied..again.

Unfortunately for me, she refused to not wear a costume so I had to agree with something. She suggested Morticia and Gomez from The Addams Family... but that movie always freaked me out. She even tried a cowboy/cowgirl costume but it wasn't my vibe and she knew that. It wasn't hers either.

I saw how disappointed and depressed she seemed because I wasn't liking any of her suggestions. It upset me too to see her so upset; so I decided to start searching couples continues that I would like.

There were a couple that I hoped Peggy would like too. Most of them included turtles... ok all of them were turtle themed and I only came up with 2 ideas. Either we dress up as just turtles, or we dress up at Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles since that was Peggy's 5 year old nephew Philip's favourite show in the whole world. And since Philip was Eliza's son, I assumed he would be at the party.

"Pegs I have an idea!" I shouted and shut my laptop as I got off the couch. Peggy emerged from the kitchen with a can of pringles in her hand. "What's your idea?" She asked and popped a few more chips into her mouth.

"Ok so you know how Pip might be at the Halloween party?" I asked. She nodded hesitantly, not knowing where I was going with this. "Well his favourite thing is TMNT and I happen to love turtles..." I said, hoping Peggy would understand where I was going with this.

She smiled, put the pringles on the counter and ran over to me to hug me. "Yes I'll be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle with you!" She said and kissed my cheek. I hugged her back then ordered the costumes.

...

Peggy and I had so much fun at the party. Our costumes look awesome and Pip absolutely adored us. Despite Alex making fun of me, it was a pretty awesome night. I couldn't remember a night I had more fun with my friends.