Thomgelica

Halloween Dance

(High school AU)

Narrator POV:

Thomas spent weeks preparing to ask his crush, Angelica Schuyler, to the Halloween dance with him. He wasn't sure why he was nervous. Both of them were popular and had pretty similar friend groups but they barely talked to each other. Once he finally built up his courage enough and asked Angie out, he was responded to with a big, fat, 'No'.

He was heartbroken on the inside but he knew he couldn't show what an emotional mess he was to everyone around him. He had to keep up his tough exterior while at school.

He went to the Halloween Dance alone and sat in the back by himself. Angie was dancing around with her group of friends but Thomas couldn't tell if any of them were her date. He could tell that her sisters were with their dates, and he was 98% sure she wouldn't turn him down for Aaron Burr. She hated the man.

Thomas sighed and waited for his chance to go talk to her. He admired her costume. Actually, he admired all the girls costumes. Most of them followed the 'slut rule' that was mentioned in Mean Girls. Mostly them wearing lingerie and some form of animal ears.

But Thomas loved Angie's costume the most. She had Angel wings on and a headband with a halo attached. She looked so adorable in Thomas's opinion. He knew the costume couldn't fit a better name or face. He loved it even more because he, ironically, was dressed as a demon. Nothing goes together better than an angel and a demon.

Thomas noticed Angie was over towards the snack table. Alone. He got up quickly and went to join her.

"Hello my darlin'" he said, stretching out the 'ar' and saying it in his natural southern accent. Angie rolled her eyes. "What do you want, Tommy?" She asked, sounding utterly annoyed.

"Well I noticed that you're all alone with no one to dance with." He said and smiled charmingly. "So are you." Angie snapped back, not missing a beat. Thomas chuckled. "Well then, would you like to dance, m'lady?" He asked and held out his hand for her. She sighed. "Just one dance." She said sternly.

1 dance turned into 2...then 3... and soon enough, they were the only ones left on the dance floor because everyone had been dancing so long they were exhausted.

Thomas smirked, bent down a bit and whispered in Angie's ear. "You know, the only bad thing about an Angel and a demon being together... is that the demon can get the angel in so much trouble." He said, dragging out the 'so' and kissing her neck.

Let's just say, the night went on and Thomas showed Angie how bad he actually was...