Dark Lullaby: Chapter Three-The Phantom

So I am quite aware of the fact that I have just posted. But I had this AMAZING idea in social studies class (it was actually during a test. Thank you Italian geography!). I've been dying to post it. Besides, the last chapter was kinda blehhhh-ish. Nothing too good happened, and it only ended up being one page. I hope I make this longer. Enjoy~

Dark Lullaby-Chapter Three.

The next morning at school, I arrived rather early. Nevertheless, kids still littered the lawn. I sat at one of the wooden picnic tables, getting ahead on my homework. Fifteen minutes later, the Fake Four paraded their way over. Except I would've never guessed it was them.

All of them sported straight hair. Melanie swapped her blonde locks for black ones. She had long bangs peeking into her eyes. She even switched her eye color: blue to dark brown contacts. I stifled a laugh. Melanie didn't know I had described Amelia. How desperate!

"Nice look," I said dismissivly. Melanie groaned due to my lack of attention. She stomped off to the other side of the yard. I laughed quietly to myself. She was so naive, so blinded by her ego.

"What's up?" a familiar voice asked. I glanced up and smiled.

"Hey, Amelia. Nothing, you?" I replied. She sat down across from me and smirked. I followed her gaze to Melanie and her friends.

"What, they needed to rip something else off?" she asked. I wasn't sure if it was a rhetorical question, so I shrugged. Amelia snickered. "She'll never hear the end of this one."

The bell interrupted my thoughts. I unfolded my schedule from my pocket and glanced it over. First period is drama? I never signed up for drama! "Amelia!" I called, sprinting to catch up.

"Hmm?" she answered, looking at me.

"Why'd they put me in drama class? I never asked to take that," I inquired.

"Mandatory subject. You can always switch out, though," Amelia responded.

"Really?" I questioned hopefully.

She laughed. "Yeah, if you feel like taking dance. Follow me, I have first period drama, too."

I trailed behind her like a lost puppy. She led me to room 630 and opened the door. The chairs were arranged in a large circle. The head was the teacher, who sort of reminded me of Matthew Morrison. "Hi, Amelia. You must be Damian. Take a seat, we're about to discuss the spring production this year."

Spring production? I had never acted before in my life! What was I supposed to do?

Gradually, students filed in, plopping in seats. The Fake Four arrived last. Melanie sat down and took one look at Amelia. She covered her mouth in utter shock. "Now, this year, I've chosen a different play for us to act. That play is-" the teacher began, but was interrupted.

"I'm a clone of the freak!" Melanie shrieked. Amelia snickered into her hand. The teacher threw Melanie a stern look. "With one more remark like that, I'm sending you to the principal." Melanie instantly shut her mouth. The teacher smiled in satisfaction and continued.

"This year's spring production for Riverday Falls High is The Phantom of the Opera. The movie version, though. I'm talking Emmy Rossum and Gerard Butler. The next step is choosing parts. I've put all your names into a hat and mixed it up. It's all completely random."

My friend a few years back had dragged me to see the movie. It wasn't too bad. Maybe this wouldn't be terrible after all.

The teacher pulled a cowboy hat off the floor and shook it up. "First, I'll choose our Christine Daae. That'll be...." He pulled out a name and smiled. Melanie looked like she knew she was going to get it. "Christine will be played by Amelia Raine." A loud gasp erupted from Melanie. Amelia smiled to herself in surprise. 

"Next, the phantom. He'll be played by Ryan Dexter." I shrugged. I had no idea who Ryan Dexter was. I sat back, waiting for parts to be picked. I always had horrible luck, so I'd never be chosen.

"Raoul will be played by... Damian Woods."

What? my head screamed. Raoul? I got one of the biggest parts!

"Madame Giry is Melanie Bracks." Amelia half smiled to herself. She was enjoying this. "Madame Giry?! She's the old lady!" Melanie whined, but everyone ignored her. More names were picked and Amelia whispered to me, "Congrats on being Raoul."

The teacher passed out the scripts. It was thick and I knew exactly what part Raoul was: Christine's (Amelia's) love.

-------------

Whoo! Romance. Anyway, the song over there is one Christine and Raoul sing. Skip to 4: 05 if you don't want to listen.

That's exactly what Amelia and Damian will do at that part. ;D