f i v e

chapter 5: eyes.

"you did it wrong again."

jisung blinked his eyes twice, trying to get which steps he got wrong.

"this!"

he flinched at that.

felix stared at his friend in pity. lately jisung is loosing his focus in everything he does. no one knows why.

"this is the third time, han! did you even pay attention?!"

if only felix could take his place, he would have done that long ago. the dance teacher was clearly under the weather today even before the lesson starts.

"i'm sorry..." jisung panted while lowering his head. he felt embarrassed in front of felix, seungmin and jeongin. the other three were doing so well and here's him messing up the practice.

the dance teacher huffed angrily. "one more time!"

jisung closed his eyes tightly before doing the steps again. his mind was full of profanities.

that he threw towards himself.

——

"are you sure you don't need to rest?" seungmin asked worriedly when that evening jisung informed he'd be doing some vocal practice. he was about to open the practice room but seungmin was fast to stop him. "you're exhausted."

"i'm perfectly fine."

"the word perfectly made it seems more like you're not." the younger guy slung his arms against his chest. "go get some rest."

jisung shook his head. he pushed seungmin aside and went in. he locked the door afterwards to prevent from seungmin going in. he just needed some times alone.

the dim light illuminated the room. jisung sat on the chair in front of the keyboard and let out a long sigh. he rested his head back and looked up with his eyes closed.

if only that day didn't happen...

the buzz sound from his phone caught him off guard. he reached for the phone and read the notifications.

unknown number
stay away from him, you gross.
do you think you're special
to him?
die.

"....."

"guess that day was a mistake... huh..?"

that day. the day when hyunjin filmed his vlog.

no, they didn't upload the part they were hugging or hyunjin kissing his head. the manager asked them to edit that out.

but they kept the moment where hyunjin talked about jisung always ask for kisses. it was totally fine for both of them even their managers since it can be reflected as friendship habits but some die-hard fans took it too seriously.

can be said as toxic fans and delulus.

ever since the day hyunjin's vlog was uploaded, his personal twitter account was trending with his name along with hyunjin. he was happy to see most of the fans are cooing and adore their friendship about the kisses. however, that doesn't mean he didn't get the hate.

he got them. in fact, it was more then he'd expected.

jisung cannot blame anyone. he cannot blame hyunjin for talking about it and the managers for not editing that out. he wanted to be mad at the toxic fans but he couldn't. living as an idol, he cannot show his other side in front of the public. the mentality of the netizens are all idols have to be friendly, kind and have to put their smiles on at all times. they are treated like a robot not as a human being.