how xiao would comfort me

yall

*breathes in*

--

you slowly sigh, as you deadpan at the homework in front of you. 

you've been fixated on this assignment for an hour, trying to figure out the equations in front of you. you blink as you stare outside the window, wondering "how will i finish this in time?"

you then turn your eyes over to your phone, checking the time.

"11:13 AM"

'shit. this assignment is due in an hour and i have a test tomorrow.'

quickly back to work, you scribble notes on your paper. 

'what if.. i don't get this done in time? what if i fail?' 

'what if this assignment is worth lots of my grade? i don't understand this!' 

'i can't do this.' 

tears stream down your cheeks as you still stare down at the paper, blinking at it as it would help the fact that you didn't know what to do.

"i'm home, y/n," yelled xiao, your roommate for the semester. 

you didn't even look back when he dashed over to you.

"what's the matter this time?" xiao says calmly, his teal hair covering the sides of his face, peering over so he could brush back the hair in front of your face. 

"w-why do you c-care.." you stutter, trying to look him in the eyes.

"well of course i care. you're my best friend y/n." 

"is it this stupid homework?" 

you hesitate for a second, not wanting to cry for help to this vigilant yaksha until you look him in the eyes and nod. 

"listen, y/n. you'll be okay. i know you can do this." 

"no i can't! i can never do this xiao!"

you cry into his arms, rubbing your tears on his cotton shirt. 

"i hate myself. i can't do anything. i'm so helpless."

you look up at him. 

"i can't even do my own homework. and i have to cry to you. that is how pathetic i am." 

"i'll never make anyone proud. no one here likes me anyways." you mope to him. still clinging onto his waist. 

"but y/n.. i like you." he mumbles. 

"BECAUSE YOU'RE THE ONLY PERSON I HAVE!" 

"NO ONE ELSE LIKES ME AT THIS SCHOOL! I HATE IT HERE! WHY DID I EVEN GO TO COLLEGE!" 

"no y/n." xiao corrects you. "i mean.."

"i mean.."

"i mean.."

"i love you." 

"i love you so much it hurts me watching you cry." xiao says.

"huh..?" 

"you're so perfect and pretty and smart. this assignment isn't your entire life. the test tomorrow? you've been studying for a longer time than me. i'm sure you'll do great. you're so funny and amazing.. you've always been here for me. i want to spend my entire life with you. just seeing you cry breaks my heart. seeing you smile at me, help me, or make me smiling gives me butterflies."

he comes closer and embraces you in his arms, putting your head on his shoulder and his on yours.

"i love you."

--

HELP I DON'T EVEN WRITE ANGST I WAS JUST FEELING DEPRESSED HOW SHOULD I FINISH?!?!?!