Chapter 01

Ding Dong Bing Bong
I heard a bell ringing towards the front door.
It was in the afternoon, the sun was still shining over the houses of the city, with a bright blue sky that announced a beautiful day with no clouds to ruin it, it was as if it was shouting for us to go outside to get some fresh air, but despite all this, I still decided to stay at home and do nothing with my day, it was such a surprise when I heard that someone was at the door.

"Who could it be?" I asked myself as I walked down the stairs.
before I corrected.
"What am I saying, it could only be one person, who else would want to visit me?" I thought, continuing my walk towards the door.

I then put my hand on the doorknob and turned it as I opened the door to reveal what was no one else else than my friend Chiaki.
I then smiled to greet her "Chiaki! What are you doing here?" I asked as I let her in.

She didn't bother to look me in the eyes and just waved her hand without lifting her head from her console, almost zombified by her game.
It always makes me laugh to see her that way, I then guided her to the living room, where she sat down on the couch, still without raising her head from her console.
I then decided to sit next to her, and waited until she had finished her game.

I stayed by her side without saying a word until I heard a click different from the other clicks of her fingers pressing the buttons on the controller, the light that reflected from her game on her face suddenly went out. I could hear her sigh as she said "aww, man." In a voice that almost seemed like a whisper.

She stopped and looked up, she then stared in front of her with a confused face.
'had she already forgotten she was here?' I thought while still waiting for her to wake up.

"Oh!" She slowly said before turning to face me "Hajime, kazuichi told me that you were planning to stay inside for the whole day..?!"

"Haha…yes that's right." I said, a little embarrassed to admit that.

"How's that? Don't tell me you're still working on that case?"

"Huh? No..obviously not!" I said, with a defensive tone. Which didn't convinced her at all.

"Hajime, you've been working on that for the whole week non-stop we didn't even have time to hang out or anything." She said with a sad tone.

Oh, Did I say that I would stay the whole day doing nothing?
Well that was half true
I did have planned to do nothing with my day..nothing else than working.

"I know that.. it's just.." I hopelessly tried to justify myself. "There is so much more I need to do and I feel like Im not progressing."

As you may have guessed from now, I Hajime Hinata am a famous, well-known, detective.

Until now there has never been any murder nor mystery that I have not been able to solve.
Until about a week ago when I was put on the file of a suspected serial killer. He has a very precise way of killing.. his murders are repeated each time in the exact same way.
Four murders have taken place in the past four weeks. Once a week, on the same day, at the same time, killed the same way, probably by the same person, again and again.

Its unlikely that they will stop there, that's why we have to catch them before they kill more innocent people.

But the clues on our man are thin, on the four murders, we could find almost no clues about the killer's identity.

The victims had nothing in common, besides their empty criminal records. They all got stabbed in the back, An envelope with a four leaf clover had been found in the crime scene of each murder.

I was then brought back to reality by Chiaki waving at me.

"Hey…hhheeyyy.!" she said waving her hand in front of my face.

"Oh..oh! Sorry, I got lost in thoughts" I apologized.

"Thats okay, just take that." She said, handing me a controller.

I then pulled a confused face and she replied.

"you've been working too hard, you need to take a break, and that's why I brought a second controller, so we can play video games together, I promise to help you with your investigation later."

I took the controller she gave me and stared at it for a moment before I sighed.
"I guess if its only one game it can't hurt."
So I got up to plug the consoles into the TV.
And there we went for half an hour playing multiple and varied games that Chiaki had taken the time to bring with her.

After half an hour I began to feel a strange sensation like a third presence.

"Hey Chiaki, did you hear that?" I said, a little worried.

"Hmm?" Say Chiaki still in a trance, staring at the screen in front of her.
'It must be my head playing me tricks.' I thought getting back to concentrate on the game.