Chapter 16

Curiosity taking the best of me, I opened the letter and that's when I found it.
It was a small four leaf clover, filled with blood.

"HEY..! UH,…EVERYONE, I THINK I FOUND SOMETHING." I yelled from the bathroom still holding the four-leaf.

"What is it?!!" Yelled back Mr.brone.

"I THINK YOU SHOULD COME AND SEE," I replied, and waited until everyone was here.
.
.
.
"That is interesting." Spoked the inspector as he arrived, staring that the four-leaf.

"What the H is this?" Yelled Mr.Brone.

"Well, it is for you to tell us about it." Demanded the inspector.

"I Have No Idea." Sighed Mr.brone in retreat.

"Hey, guys..is everything okay?" Asked Chiaki concerned, as she arrived with Komaeda.

"Well, what an interesting turn of event! Just at the moment where we were talking about the murderer." Laughed Komaeda.

Chiaki stood, staring at the leaf with an open mouth.

An officer arrived too, -we were now six- he gave a plastic bag to the inspector who carefully took the four-leaf and the envelop.

"Do you think this is the victim's blood?" Inquired Chiaki.
"It is possible," I answered.

"But why would he do something like that?" She asked.

"If you're talking about the leafs, then probably so we know it is him, if you're talking about the murders than thats something we still dont know about" I sighed.

"I'm so excited as to see the results of the blood test!" Laughed Komaeda.

"Yeah, about that, we got some news," starter the inspector. " first, we will not have to wait long until we have a blood test for both the leaf and the body, to see if they match, and to who they are."

"How long is it gonna take?" I asked.
"Between 2 to 3 hours." He answered. "Now the second news is that the Victim apparently died at the same moment as Tsumiki."

"Yesterday morning?" I cried.

"That isnt possible, I would have seen it if it has been two days since that thing was in my garden." Claimed Mr.brone.

Chiaki stood thoughtfully.

"But it is the case," started the inspector, then he stopped to think about what he would be saying next.

"Maybe the murderer killed the victim in the morning, then… he took the body with him, and then he threw it in your garden." He suggested.

"What kind of psychopath would do that?" asked Brone angrily.

"That's right.., why would he do that… it's not usual of our killer to do something like that." I murmured.

"What a disappointment." Sighed Komaeda.

"You are not really helping, if you are here only to make comments then, you can leave." Responded the inspector irritated.

"Maybe should we wait for the answer to the blood test in the living room, I think that all being in a single small room like this is getting on our nerves," I suggested.

"It is true." Replied the inspector crossing his arms.
.
.
.

We all left the bathroom and got back downstairs to the living room.

This time only, everyone was standing and the couch was empty.

"So," started again the inspector. "Why would the killer even take the body to another place? Couldn't he simply let him where he killed him as usual?" he questioned.

"And why my house?" Growned, Mr.brone.

"Maybe, he didn't know that it was yours, and he thought that it was the victim's house," I suggested.
"But why would he think that?"

"Maybe… he didn't know where the victim lived, and when he followed him to try to murder him, he saw him going to that house, he then assumed that it was his house, and then killed him in your garden." I proposed.

"That's not possible! I told you I didn't know that dude!" Claimed Mr.brone.

"You can't know, you still didn't saw his face," I affirmed.

"No that's wrong!" Yelled Komaeda, as he took a step forward.

We all turned to face him with an interrogative look.

"Don't you remember what the inspector said, Hajime? The victim has been killed yesterday. Mr.Brone over here affirmed that he was not here at the moment of its death." He affirmed.

"That is bold to affirm that Mr.brone may not have been lying, he is not cleared from all suspicions yet," spoke the inspector, before he continued.
"Maybe he simply killed him and waited for us to find it, while lying about his account."

"I'm not LYING!" defended Mr.brone.

While Nagito stared at the inspector with a disappointed look and answered.

"And what about his daughter? She was here yesterday, was she not? I think it is hard not to realize there is a bloody body in the garden. Plus, it is also quite difficult to kill someone in front of a child, unless you suspect her to be an accomplice to the murder." He corrected.

"He is right, I could never have done that in front of her… not even behind her back. And… there is nothing in this house that could burn a face that hard." He affirmed.

"I see, it could mean I was wrong." Murmured the inspector.

"So, we assume he killed him otherwhere before he got it in the house, right. Now, why did he hot it here in the first place?" I demanded.

My question was followed by a silence. everyone was thinking about a reason for it. the inspector is the one who broke that silence first.

"To lead us in a bad path, or to trap us. He wants to make us lose our mind, wondering why he bought the body here." He affirmed.

"That is a possibility." Spoke Chiaki thoughtful.

"And now, why did he burn the victim's head and hands?" I cried.

"So we wouldn't know their identity.." murmured Chiaki.

"But why? What is the point of it?." I asked.
Chiaki didn't answer, she didn't know either…

"To make you guys lose your time obviously!" Claimed Komaeda, as he saw that Chiaki didn't have the answer.
"What do you mean?" I cried.

"He is preparing something, there are way too many abnormalities on that murder, it must be a trap he led to you, he wants you to stay occupied with those unanswered questions." He claimed.

"He wants us to stay occupied?" I cried.

"Yes, for what other reason would he burn the victim's head? It's for you to lose time, trying to find its identity." He affirmed.

'He may actually be right.' I thought.

"Maybe should we not jump to conclusion that easily." Suggested the inspector. "There is still an issue we didn't clarify."

"And issue?.." I wondered.
"What issue?" Continued Komaeda, irritated.