Chapter 05 -investigation pt.2-

"There are some chances that we may find something about the killer if we go there." Said Chiaki with her usual calm voice.
I stared at her, confused, waiting for more explanations.

"What do you mean?" Demanded the inspector defensively.

She thought a moment before answering.

"If you look closely, you will see that every time the killer chose his victims, they are known, people. That had already appeared before in the journal of in the tv." Said Chiaki
"What is your point?" Inquired the inspector

"My point is… for example, take Ibuki Mioda, she is a famous rock band leader, she is known on the media and people talk a lot about her and her band. Hiro Hagakura had already appeared in the newspaper, searched for illegally owning weed. Akane Owari is a famous athlete who had also appeared in the news not so long before her murder, same for Jin Kodama he is a famous compositor."

"Nevertheless Tsumiki's name hadn't appeared nowhere before her death, she is just a normal nurse, not known by many peoples other than her patients and colleagues." She said.

"Where does this lead us." He asked impatiently

"That the killer must've had to know her personally, since she is not very known there is no way he must've known her name before unless he had talked to her or been in that hospital before." She said staring at the inspector.

"That makes sense," I exclaimed.

"So.., on our suspects list, we now have..her friends, family, colleagues, and patients?" I asked.
'That is going to be a lot of persons to interrogates.' I thought.

"Well, actually I think we can remove her family from the list." Interrupted the inspector.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"Because she doesn't talk to her family members anymore, and they don't live there anyway, at least that what miss Koizumi said." He answered coldly.

"Is there a reason for that?" I demanded curiously.

"That's what I asked miss koizumi, but she said that was all she knew, tsumiki never wanted to open about the subject, she only said that they werent getting along so well." He said.

"I see, I guess we can let this aside for now," I said before continuing "so are you planning to come with us to her job?" I repeted.

"Obviously not, you already have your friend to stay with you. I will be interogating her 'friends' Sayonji and Sonia to see if we can learn anything new from them."

"And I will come with you" said a voice from behind.
We all turned to see who it was.

"Oh, sorry! I didnt meant to scare you." Said Mahiru.
"You did not scare us. What do you mean you will come with me?" Asked the inspector irritated.

"Well, you will need my help, sayonji isnt the kind to cooperate with anyone, plus I AM a witness so I AM taking part of this investigation." Yelled mahiru confidently.

"Nonsense.." sighed the inspector
"Just let her come." I sighed.
"Okay, you can stay by my side when ill be interogating them."
Mahiru simply smiled and leaded the way followed by a sulking inspector.

"So, are we going?" I inquired staring at Chiaki, who simply nodded and followed me.

We were walking to Tsumiki's work place, when chiaki fasted her pace, she then stopped in front of me.
I stopped too.
"Chiaki? Are you okay?" I Asked concerned.
"Yes, i was just thinking about something." She said.
"What is it?"
"Well, its probably nothing but i was thinking a lot about how the killer may have been chosing his victims." She said while she started walking again.

"And did you find something?"
"Well, i dont know, it may just have been a coïncidence but i thought maybe the next victims first name will start with an 'M' she said staring at the ground thoughtful.

"What makes you say that?" I asked confused.
"Nothing, but can we just not forget about this possibility?"
"Sure...? But what do you want to do about kt?" I asked.

"I thought maybe try to look for every people that names starts with an M, starting with people we may have heard off lately, and then try to watch for them, to protect them and to find out who is the killer."

"That sound right to me, but how did you figure that out?" I asked curiously.

"Well, I said it may had just be a coïncidence so i dont want to mislead you, but if i'm right then the next victim may be the last one he will kill, plus if you try to think about it, im sure you will figure it too."

"If it is the last murder..then we will not be able to catch him while he is commiting another murder."

"Yeah, so it may be the last chance we will get to catch them, we cannot let it go!" She said confidently

"You're right." I said smiling.
'We will not lose hope.' I thought staring on front of me.

We arrived at Tsumiki's Job, it was at a public hospital not so far from her house.
We got greeted by a secretary. I then introduced my self.
"Hello, excuse me, I am Hajime hinata and i work with the police on the-"

" Hajime Hianta? You mean the Detective?" She then took the Landline and composed a number.
"Oh my god Maria you have to come see this, There is a detective in our establishment!" She said before she hang up the phone.
She brethed loudly and she said.
"Ahem.. excuse my exitement but you where saying..?" She tried to calm herself.
"I..I was saying that I'm here with my partner," i then looked at chiaki, "to investigate a murder that had occured."

"A murder?" She yellped. "Who is dead?"
I coughed and got a picture of the victim to show it to the secretary.

"Oh my.. it is Mikan!"
"So you know her, apparently she has been working here." I said.
"Yes! She is a nurse here! I cant believe she is dead."
"Were you guys close friends?"
"Friends? No, i am just a secretary after all, i was not mikan's friend."

"I see, and do you know someone who would have wanted to kill her?"

"Kill her? Obviously not! Mikan was such a nice soul, she always tried to help others, and always did her best at her job. I cant believe anyone could have wanted to kill her, i'm sorry." She said sobbing.
"Do you mean she didnt had anyone who hated her?"
"No, as long as i know everyone liked mikan."

"Okay, that is good to know. Can you tell me about other the employees here, most Precisely the ones who knew mikan." I said while taking notes from every important detail i could hear from her.