Chapter 15 -New murder-

We got out of the Uber, Komaeda smiled and waved at the driver to thank him.
"Thanks for letting us arrive here alive." He said.
.
.
.
We arrived and got greeted by the inspector.

"Another one..???" He yelled staring at me.

"Well.." I laughed nervously.

"I'm here to help, sir!" Yelled Komaeda as he joyfully spawned from behind me.
I took a step back in surprise.

"He thinks he can help us.." I sighed.

"And how would.. that...help us?" He asked looking down on Komaeda.

"Well, he is the suspect we were looking for, he is not completely cleaned from all suspicions, but.. he has an alibi from the day of the murder," I said.

"Is it a reason for him to be here?" He cringed.

"I have my ways to help." He answered in a disturbing tone.

The inspector stared at him and sighed. "Do what you want... but don't mess with the case."

"Sure." He replied.

The inspector did not answer, he simply led us to the back of a house and stopped us in front of the door of the back garden.

He then stared at Chiaki and Komaeda, then he spoke "It is not pretty to see.., you guys may want to stay outside, you don't need to see the body." He said as he opened the door.
.
.
We, Komaeda, and I entered, but Chiaki decided it may not be that necessary to do so after she has heard the inspector's warning.

He then led us to the back door of the house, where we found a body lying on the ground recovered with a tissue, we couldn't see his face.
The inspector took a pair of gloves, then carefully raised, and has put aside the whole covering to let us see his face.

When I got to finally see him, I widened in surprise, I was not waiting to see something like this.. the only thing I can say of it is that it was indeed not pretty to see.

Komaeda widened a little too, then he sighed. " how despairful.."

The body's head was completely burned, and so were his hands.
"How did he die?" I inquired without lifting my eyes from the body.

The victim was wearing casual clothes, nothing that could really be useful for us to know, besides that he is wearing a somehow expensive watch to his right hand.

"We still aren't sure, it may be the burns, or maybe that blue mark on his neck that shows marks of strangulation." He suggested.

"I..do we know who that is?" I demanded, already knowing the answer.

"Not still, as we couldn't identify him with his face.., we will need a blood test." He affirmed before he continued. "He has been found by the man who lives in this house." He said as he lifted his head to stared at the house in front of us. "He said that he had no idea who it was, and that he didn't know why was the corpse laying in his garden."

"Do you think it's our murderer? It's not his usual proceeding method." I inquired.

"I don't think so, we didn't found any letter that could indicate that it was him."

"Really?" Questioned Komaeda.
"How unlucky, I thought I could assist the scene of one of his murders." He sighed in disappointment.

"Ahem...Well, you can try to go in the house still, we may found some information by interrogating its owner." He coughed.
He seemed confused by Komaeda's character, which made me laugh internally.

.
.
.
We got into the house where Chiaki followed us this time, we started searching around as we got to the living room, where was sitting two police officers with a third person, who I presume is the one who lives here, and the one who found the body in his garden.

He is an average man who must be in his thirties, he is wearing a seemingly old lumberjack shirt to whom the colors faded a little.

We entered the living room, made the presentations, Chiaki and I sat on the couch facing the witness.

.
.
.
We talked for a moment, the witness is called Brown Borrow, he lives in this house with his daughter and claims he never saw the man who died in his garden ever before.
He says that he has found the body at 4 pm when he was back from getting his daughter from school.

He was so shocked, he preferred her not to stay in the house for her safety, then he drove her to her grandmother's house who lives next to them, he got back and then called the police.

He also claims that he didn't see anyone or anything suspicious as he came back with his daughter.
.
.
.
We were in the middle of the conversation with Mr. Brone when we heard a loud sound, followed by a wave of slurs coming from Mr.Brone.
I turned and found Komaeda who was standing next to a broken Vase.

I stared at him puzzled before I understood.
While the inspector, who was also here, simply cringed at the stupidity of it.

"I am SO sorry, how unfortunate, I didn't see the vase." he apologized.

I sighed as Mr. Brone got to take something so Komaeda could clean the mess he made.

'He must not be the lucky kind.' I thought.

Komaeda then cleaned the broken glass apologizing again for the trouble he caused.

I took advantage of the chaotic situation to ask for the toilet.

"It's upstairs.., you cannot miss it." Simply answered Mr.Brone.

So, I got upstairs, and he was right, we cannot miss it, there was a huge sticker of a toilet drawn in the middle of the door.

I got in, and it happened not to only be a toilet, but also a whole bathroom.

I looked around, then at the mirror for a second, before I realized that something was showing itself from the mirror cabinet, I opened it, only to find that a letter was inside.

Curiosity taking the best of me, I opened the letter and that's when I found...