Chapter 6- You Grow Girl!

Once Tara had reached the 24th-week mark, she was asked to take it easy and stay at home, so the babies could be monitored. Mycroft had turned their bedroom into a hospital room with all the monitors. He had also started working from home so that he could be close to Tara if she needed him. Working from home hadn't made his job any easier, he still stayed up late in his office working.

One such day, when Mycroft came to his bedroom late at night, he found Tara already asleep. The sheets and comforter were scattered on the floor and all she wore was a tank top that had rolled up, exposing her baby bump and shorts that would barely qualify as underwear. She had abandoned her usual silk nightgown. He deduced she was experiencing hot flashes again. It had been a regular occurrence in the past few weeks. He would often find her complaining about the thermostat, yelling at it, and sticking her head into the fridge.

Mycroft noticed something else. There was something peeping out from under the skin of her baby bump. He went closer and sat on the bed to get a proper view. He could see the limbs poking out from underneath his wife's skin. It was freaking him out and at the same time, it fascinated him. The two tiny nudges disappeared when he touched. He didn't remove his hand instead he waited for the little taps on his fingertips to return. And then they were back again only this time stronger and repetitive. Their frequency increased as if telling him that it was their spot and he had to move. For the first time, his daughters were making themselves known to him. The warm feeling returned to his heart as a few more nudges pushed against his hand.

'If you don't move your hand, they'll just keep kicking' Tara said groggily in her sleepy voice, '..., and I want to sleep'.

Mycroft smiled and removed his hand as he laid down next to her. She immediately turned sideways inserting her leg between his. With her center of gravity changing every week she found it difficult to sleep in a comfortable position so, she used Mycroft as her body pillow. He didn't really mind. Mycroft wrapped his arms around her, his hand stroking her bump, comforting her and their unborn daughters. He silently enjoyed the sensation playing out beneath his fingers, 'Have you spoken to Grace?' he whispered.

Tara sighed in her sleep, 'I helped her get her life back together and she acted like an ungrateful little brat. Why would I talk to her?' she whispered into his chest.

Mycroft hummed with his eyes closed, 'Because you have a weird Big Sister- Little Sister relationship. And, you love each other in a very annoying way' he whispered, feeling his daughters' kicking slow down underneath his hand.

'It's not happening, Mycroft' Tara drawled and navigated Mycroft's hand to where she was feeling the babes move.

'I'm just saying, you're driving yourself crazy...', Mycroft tried relentlessly.

Tara glanced at him briefly then closed her eyes and sighed, 'Mycroft, you know how I'm really tiny and really flexible' she asked.

'Yeah' Mycroft whispered with his eyes still closed.

Tara hummed, 'My knee is really close to your nuts right now, so you might want to shut up and go to sleep' she whispered.

Mycroft remained unphased by her threat, 'You're scary, but I love you' he muttered. Tara smiled in her sleep, 'I love you too' she said and kissed him before snuggling into his arms as the babies finally settle down, letting both parents fall asleep.

.......

Violet and Siger had visited for a few weeks. Violet wanted to take care of Tara and Siger wanted to make sure his wife didn't drive the couple insane. Mycroft stayed in his home office for two days and then made the run for it. He couldn't handle more time around his parents. He would only start working from home again when they would leave a few weeks before Tara's scheduled c-section.