Her Fate Is In Your Hands

(With the others, just after Sayuri has lost consciousness.)

"Sachiko?" Kurosaki asked. The only time he'd heard Sachiko mentioned was with the charm he'd done just before waking up in that cursed school. "Who's Sachiko?" He turned to face the others as knelt on the ground, still hanging onto Sayuri's body.

"What did she say?" Mayu asked, walking over.

"She thanked Sachiko and... Kizami." It didn't make sense. Was she trying to make Kizami attack her? And before that, she kept telling something to get out of her head. Were the two things connected? And what was it that she did to Kizami that made him suddenly get all shaky?

"That doesn't make any sense," Satoshi said, trying to figure it all out as Kurosaki applied pressure to Sayuri's wound to slow the bleeding.

"She was acting fine earlier," Yoshiki stated, thinking back to when he'd left earlier. "What could have happened between then and now? Something had her really scared."

"Sayuri doesn't get scared," Morishige said calmly. "She could watch her own death happening right in front of her without even flinching."

"She was possessed," a voice said. Some of the students recognized it, and some of them were afraid. It was the spirit of a little girl, a little girl who greatly resembled Sayuri. "She longed to be reunited with a friend who'd disappeared without a trace, not even caring what she'd have to go through to do it. It nearly killed her and she'd become possessed by a fragment under the control of a fake Sachiko. When she discovered this, she was scared. But... it was you she feared for. If only you knew what she'd went through for you."

"How do we know we can even trust a single word you say?" Yoshiki shouted at her, though she stayed calm.

"If it hadn't been for my strength and the promise she'd made to Mayu, she would never have made it out." There it was again. That promise they wouldn't tell of. Why wouldn't anyone explain anything?

"Will she be alright?"

"That is up to all of you," Sachiko told them. "She feels content to die now; her task was completed. If you wish her to live, give her a reason to fight her way back. But keep in mind how she will feel and what may happen with either choice."

"She planned it, didn't she?" Kizami asked, his voice shaking. He was pale and his body was trembling. It was the first time Kurosaki had ever seen him actually look like he was afraid.

"We planned it, yes," she answered. "To free her from what little grip the other one had on her, we had to damage her body to the point it couldn't move, but that did mean risking her life. Her blood will not be on your hands; you were merely a puppet."

"We?" Kurosaki questioned, though he had a fairly good idea of what had been meant.

"Sayuri and I are alike in many more ways than you know," Sachiko said, not really explaining much. "Until a moment ago, I had been possessing her. She had been completely until my control when she taunted Yuuya Kizami."

"So what she did to me... that was you?" Kizami's voice was still shaking. Whatever had happened clearly scared him. Had Sachiko been the cause, it would have made perfect sense. But Sachiko's response said otherwise.

"That was Sayuri's decision. With the last bit of her strength, she used my power on you. If you wish to know any more, she will have to tell you."