Don't Do That!

When the day came for the others to visit Mayu, I reminded myself to be careful. Every one of them had been in Heavenly Host, so there was a chance that I could trigger their memories. That was always unpleasant for me, so I couldn't imagine how much worse it was for the one who had actually lived those memories.

Luckily, I'd been able to figure out how I trigger the flashbacks. With Kai's help, my experiment had been a success. So long as I avoided touching anyone with my right palm, I shouldn't trigger anything. At least, that was what I hoped.

As everyone was busy attacking Mayu with questions, I stood back and watched. I hadn't really been that close to any of them besides Sakutaro, but I felt happy to see them.

"So this is why you said you were busy," said a voice from behind me. Turning around, I found myself face-to-face with Kai. He'd asked me to meet up with him today as a reward for helping me test my little theory about the flashbacks, but I had to refuse. "Friends of yours, Bunny?"

I laughed a little. Thinking about it now, Kai hadn't been around when I'd had those two little 'discussions' with Kurosaki. "Not quite. More like they're Mayu's friends."

"'Bunny?'" Sakutaro asked, having noticed Kai's sudden appearance before the others.

Before either of us had a chance to answer, another voice joined in. "It's a nickname he used when they were kids," Kurosaki's voice said. It shouldn't have been a surprise that he had shown up. I mean, we were out at some little park near Mayu's home, so it's not like he'd randomly appeared in her house or something. "I'm surprised she even calls you her friends. After all, she- Ow!"

Kurosaki was quickly shut up by Mitsuki hitting him in the back of the head. "If you are just going to be a jerk, then just go home." He quietly looked down at the ground. "Sorry, Fukuroi sort of mentioned seeing you here with your old friends, and Kurosaki's still a little annoyed about your argument. I figured I should stop him before he caused any trouble."

"Argument?" Sakutaro raised an eyebrow. "You don't argue with anyone."

With a sigh, I briefly explained. "I may have said something that I wasn't supposed to and Kurosaki may have gotten mad when I would explain it and then I sort of told him and everyone else that they would never be my friends." As I spoke, my voice was calm. Almost too calm, really. Before anyone could ask anything more about it, I quickly changed the subject. "Anyway, this is Satoshi and Yuka Mochida, Naomi Nakashima, Seiko Shinohara, Mayu Suzumoto, Sakutaro Morishige, Ayumi Shinozaki, and Yoshiki Kishinuma."

As I introduced everyone, there appeared to be a spark in Kurosaki's eyes and a mischievous grin on his face. "Yoshiki... Hey, wasn't that the name of-" He was instantly cut off as I panicked and placed my hand on him to stop him from finishing that sentence. As expected, the flashback of his death was triggered. When it was over, he swore as he backed away from me.

"Think before you speak," I warned. Thanks to Kai's help, I'd gotten almost used to the flashbacks. Of course, that had been hell for Kai. But lucky for him, it wouldn't affect him as much as it would Kurosaki.

"So he is that guy you said you-" Placing my hand on him again, I trigger the same memories again. Once more, he swore at me and gave me an angry look. "Quit doing that!"

Kai laughed, knowing exactly how he felt. The others around us, however, were quite confused. "Sayuri? What did you do to him?" Sakutaro asked, though he didn't really want to know the answer.

Kai and I laughed. "You don't want to know."