Hi Mom!

🔮Sophia's P.O.V🔮
The Next Day
Remedial Goodness 101

"Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat" Fairy Godmother announces while calling us up to the T.V.

"I don't see anything, nor do I hear" Maleficent says. "Kids!" Fairy Godmother encourages us to come to talk to our parents.

"Is it... is it... is..." Maleficent struggles with the laptop the VK's parents have. "Press enter" Jafar suggests. "Can I please see a remote? Is this thing on? Ugh, It's broken. Ugh! I hate electronic equip..." Maleficent starts complaining but then the the video on their side turns on "Oh!" She says shocked that it finally turned on.

"Evie, It's mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful. Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree" The Evil Queen compliments her daughter. "Don't you mean the weeds?" Maleficent says rudely. "Sophia darling hello!" my mother yells into the camera. "Hey mom" I say back. "Ooh! Who's the old bat?" Cruella questions and I roll my eyes.

"This is Fairy Godmother" Mal informs our parents. "Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Maleficent asks. "I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage" Fairy Godmother says starting to get offended. "You really couldn't give Cinderella till one A.M.? I mean, really. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?" Maleficent laughs

"They were mice! They were not... they were mice. They were not..." Fairy Godmother defends but from my place I start to try and calm her down saying "Thank you so much. Thank you" 

"They were mice" Fairy Godmother whispers one last time to Maleficent angrily. "Hi, mom" Mal says to change to a different topic. "Mal! I m-m-miss you" Maleficent struggles to say.

"You children are never far from our thoughts" Jafar starts. "I got it" Mal tells us. Then Maleficent asks Mal "How long must mommy wait to see you?" "Um, there's a big coronation coming up. I think sometime probably after... that" Mal says unsurely.

"When?" Maleficent snaps impatiently and I jump a little. "Friday, 10 A.M" Mal states. "You sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do If I don't get my hands on that magic wan... you... you little nugget that I love so much" Maleficent says insincerely with the other villains making baby kind of motions next to Maleficent.

"Yes, I completely understand, mother" Mal says. "Carlos, is that a dog? Oh, yes, yes, baby, I do understand. It would make the perfect size for earmuffs" Cruella starts to talk about Dude.

"He's the perfect size for a pet" Carlos speaks up for himself to his mom. "Oh!" Cruella exclaims shocked. Carlos continues "This dog loves me, and I love him. And fyi, your dog is stuffed!" "Oh!" Cruella says in shock once again. I notice my mother chuckle silently as Carlos continues.

"So give it a rest!" Carlos tells her. "Oh-ho! Burn!" Jafar taunts Cruella who in return gets angry and says "Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two-bit salesman!" "People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones" "Oh, well, people who sell toasters shouldn't use mixed metaphors" "Enough!" Maleficent yells at Cruella and Jafar before Jay turns the T.V off.

"I'm so sorry" Fairy Godmother says to us. Jay turns to her and says Fairy Godmother solemnly "Thanks for the special treat" We grab our bags and on our way out of class I ask Mal "M? What do you think our parents are gonna do to us. If we don't pull this off?" "I think they will be quietly disappointed in us, but ultimately... Proud of us for doing our best" Mal says with a little bit of hope.

"Really?" Carlos questions. "No, I think we are definitely goners" Mal says completely seriously. "Yeah" Evie agrees. We not in agreement and in our heads we are all thinking 'we can't fail'.