Chapter 7

Meredith's POV

"Don't remove it yet, you look so different, you should start putting on some makeup and dress nicely." Natalie stated, I give her a knowing look and we stroll out of the closet room.

I become nervous once we reached the bottom of the stairs, my hands started to sweat and my stomach is turning. Natalie placed her hand on my back, rubs it soothingly and made our way to the living room. It's been so long since the last time I went here, usually when I'm at downstairs my place will be to the kitchen and after that I will ran back to my room.

"Stay here okay, I'll be right back, I will just ran to the club for a minute." Natalie informed, I was about to stop her for leaving me alone but she already dashed away. I look around nervously, so far I didn't encounter with one of them yet and I begin pacing back and forth.

I should just go back to the attic.

I straightened my dress and stick with my decision. I headed towards the stairs when a pair of arms circled around my waist, trapping me.

"What are you doing here baby, you're supposed to be at the club." I quickly recognized the voice. He doesn't know that it was me, the punching bag, he's hugging and spun me around to face him. His face twisted with shock, lust and anger before pushing me back, I stumble a bit but grabbed ahold to the railing.

"You!" He pointed to me.

"Go to your room now!" He roared, I shuffled to my heels as I ran upstairs to my room. When I entered, I leaned back to my door, sliding to the ground as I clutch hard on my dress.

Thankfully it was not the boss who saw me but his best friend.

I heard a faint knock and I quickly stood up from my position. I placed my ear on the door to hear the person outside and fail to hear anything.

"It's me." I sigh in relief and open the door slightly, Natalie's face came into view with a worried look. Woah, first time a person is worried about me.

"Hi" I mumbled and opened the door widely. She instantly walked in and her eyes starts wandering around my room, she glanced back at me and her eyes are hinted with pity and sadness. I hate when people feel that way to me, it only makes me think that I'm just a weakling and good for nothing.

"Don't act like that, why are you here?" I questioned her straight to the point.

"When I came back to where I left you, you're not there anymore." She answered, the emotions in her eyes vanished.

"I'm just tired and these heels are killing me." I deadpanned.

She giggled and helped me take off these feet killers. She placed it at the edge of my mattress and decided to help me with the dress too, I heard her unzip my back as I hold it firmly to stop the dress from falling.

"Done..... Anyway, boss said that you need to be in the club by 8 am tomorrow. Don't worry, I know you're nervous but I'll be there to support you." She assured.

Well at least I know someone working in the club, that's a good thing though but I'm not considering Natalie as "friend" with all the things I've been through, it is hard to trust anyone that lives in the mansion and I know Natalie is just being forced to talk to me because the boss said so.

"You're all set, I'll come by to your room early in the morning to do your makeup and hair, see you." With that she strutted out of my room, closing the door behind.

~~~

"Perfect." Natalie gushed placing some pieces of my hair in front. She did the same look yesterday but this time, the makeup is bit heavy and the curls are in medium volume.