Chapter 12

Meredith's POV

"What's your name?" I flinched to the sound of his deep, sexy voice. I already have developed a phobia when it comes to men, who wouldn't when you are being sold from man to man, harassing your body and beating you to death?

My eyes scanned to his tattoos on his right arm, I am not a fan of guys with tattoos but I find his, attractive and hot. The black ink are patterned perfectly and it looks really good on him.

"Angioletto?" He said, drawing my attention back to meet his hazel eyes. I have no idea what that means but I felt an electric sensation when he called me that. I swallowed the lump of my throat, thinking if I can trust him or not, I have this thought in my mind that anytime, he will turn into a monster and kill me right here.

"M-Mary" I finally have the courage to say my name to him. I can see a ghost smile forming in his lips, maybe he's not that bad as I thought he will be. He suddenly raised his hand, my instincts quickly reacted as I flinched and cowered back to the bed, waiting for his hit.

But instead, he withdrew back his hand and looked at me confusingly. His expression changes immediately, trying to light up the tension rises between us.

"Mary, a beautiful name, angioletto. I'm Ares..... Ares Greco" he smiled. Even his name is hot and fits him, Ares Greco, my lips wanted to say it, craving to feel what is like calling out his name, but I stopped myself from being embarrassed.

"P-please don't h-hurt me." I pleaded, my eyes begin to water. All I can think of is going far away from here but I am such a disappoinment that I ended up in here with this man that I don't even know.

His face hardened as he tries to come up with an answer to my pleading cries.

"I'm not going to force you to say anything to me. But I want you to know, I will never lay a hand on you." He stated, his expression is fixed on me.

I shifted uncomfortably, his once sweet hazel eyes are now darkened like a heavy storm, is he mad at me? I avoided my eyes away, I heard him sigh and shuffled to his feet, shutting the door.

For the first time ever, I felt safe. I know it's sudden and that he is a stranger, I only know him by his name but I can feel his concern and genuineness when he told me that he will never hurt me.

I looked outside the window to the unfamiliar surrounding, did I go that far? I don't know this place and there are barely neighborhood buildings and cars passing, maybe this hospital is built to an isolated area.

My mind wanders back to Ares that I'm pretty sure have left me already, why does he have to deal with a damaged girl like me? I probably pissed him off but it's for the best, once I get out of here, I'll continue my journey.

But to my surprise, the door is bursted open. Ares came into view with bags in his hands, I watched him out of curiosity, he is still here!

"Here." He mumbles, pushing the take out to my lap.

With my eyes never leaving on him, he sat down to the same chair he slept in and takes out his food. He brings the burger in his luscious lips when he noticed that I am just staring at him, the bag is still untouched on my lap.

"Eat." He mumbles, pertaining to the bag he brought.

"I-I'm not h-hungry." I said, my voice trembles as I speak to him.

"You should eat, the doctor said you're malnourished..... And underweight." He whispered the last part but I still heard it.

I obey him not wanting to make him angry. I take out the hot burger from the bag and unwrapped it. The smell of the meat hits my nostrils in result of my grumbling stomach. I looked away shyly when he look for a quick moment when he heard it.