Chapter 19

Meredith's POV

I couldn't sleep that night, I tried different positions but nothing works. It's 1 am and I'm still wide awake, my eyes stare back to the ceiling. I grabbed the pillow beside me and cover it on my head to muffle a scream.

Why can't just sleep visits me? The memories are the one who keeps me awake, good and bad. I lazily stood up and go to the window, seeing the city lights are so fascinating, like fireflies from afar.

Everytime I close my eyes, all I see is the image of him, Ares. I find it a bit difficult to understand him, he changes his expressions so easily. One moment he is sweet and gentle, the next minute it was replaced by arrogant, dominant and rude which I find it so hot.

Meredith stop it. That's your boss you're thinking!

I lift my hand to the window, pressing my palm to the cold glass. Imagine if life is as simple as this, I would never complain about anything. Sadly they are all just dream that I'm wishing for.

"Perché sei ancora sveglia (why are you still awake)" my eyes darted to the voice. Remind myself next time to lock the door so I can have a privacy in my own room. I bite my lip as I watch his shirtless body gleams under the moonlight. His sweatpants are hanging low, in any moment I can just swiftly take it off.

"Uhm, I can't sleep." I muttered quietly.

"Nightmares?" He asks, eyes never leave mine.

I gave a half shrug, not answering the question. He knows well that my nightmares are getting worse and it is hard to avoid them.

"Get some sleep, I'll look after you." He mumbled. I went speechless, is he seriously going to look after me while I sleep?

"How about you?"

"Until you fall asleep." He clarified. I sigh in defeat, arguing with him leads to nowhere. He always win, because well--- he is the boss.

My feet lazily dragged me back to the bed, he didn't move a bit. His eyes are staring at my actions intently, I don't want to be treated like a baby but he is treating me like one.

"Buonanotte, angioletto" I heard him whispered as I tucked in to my blanket.

"Good night, Ares." He didn't respond as my eyes quickly shut and drift off to sleep with a small smile appeared on my lips.

~~~

I did sleep great last night, though it is not enough since my alarm clock woke me up at 5am, but I somehow felt refreshed, the nightmares didn't bother me and all because of Ares.

Right now, I am outside his room. Tapping my knuckles, I didn't hear a response so with my assurance I open the door and saw him still sprawled in his bed, sleeping.

My brows furrowed together, how long did he stay at my room last night? Little did I know, I am already at his bedside, indulging every bit of the features of his gorgeous face. With a sigh of content, I notice how angelic he looks while sleeping. No creased on his forehead when he is furious, he looks so unproblematic. The sun shines through the curtains that gives his tan skin a sparkling effect, I swallowed hard when my eyes trace down to his hard abs.

"I told you stalking people isn't nice." I jolted up, hearing his husky morning voice. He groans and rolled over to his stomach, his muscles flexed as he moved.

"What time is it?" He mumbled through the thick sheets of his bed.

"Almost 6." I replied. Within a minute he sat right up and stretched his limbs with a deep long yawn. I chuckled inwardly at how adorable he looks and sounds.