Chapter 26: Sunset

Chapter 26

Sunset

Jay's Point of view

It's been a week now since that confronted day with my dad, and that night happened. I haven't visited home since that day nor called, but my mom would check on me from time to time,

Perhaps if dad is doing something about me. Just like mom, I'm actually waiting what his next move. My dad won't indeed gonna hurt me physically, but he wasn't also the type who will sit still, watch something he plans crumble. I'm sure he has something on his sleeve.

I also gave them back all the credit cards, including the black one and the ATMs. I don't have a problem with that since I don't use it anyway. I also left my car keys, including my motorbike. They can get it anytime they want commuting isn't a big deal. I never lived a luxurious life in the first place. I have my own savings accounts. I saved for myself through the part-time jobs I had.

I've been long independent. I must also admit it will be hard, but I don't mind working for myself, even if I have to work and get multiple jobs to support my finances.

One has no idea about what happened, and there's no way I would let him know about it. Not when I know he's going to blame himself when it's my own decision to choose love over my name. It's all my decision to choose him and be with him over someone my parents arranged for me.

I instead suffer taking chances on happiness with someone I want to spend my life with than suffering and regretting my whole life with someone I don't see my future with.

After that night, a few days, I was also able to get and put myself together, I was sure scared and a lot more, until now, but I'm not gonna live with it. I want to spend every day as a typical day with him.

Until I can, I will.

I'm currently at the dorm, just doing nothing and waiting for One's shift to end. It's about to. I want to go on a date with him since the university will start classes tomorrow and that means we're going to be both busy with schools.

It's Sunday today, and he's working the day shift, Thankfully because he's not going home late, that worries me so much, and the date should be okay unless he says he's tired. As much as I want to spend a normal date with him, I also don't want him exhausted and only me enjoying our date.

I decided to change my clothes. It's not cold as winter as it's now spring, but still quite frosty.

I'm wearing a loose blue printed sweatshirt, clay brown loose cargo pants, and a white sneaker. Normal comfy streetwear.

I look at the mirror and can help but be satisfied. I brush my black hair up through my fingers and let them fall naturally, letting some strands on my forehead. I look intimidating as always. Something I don't really like sometimes. I wonder if I still make one feel like that, or he's just good at hiding it.

I went to One's room to get him at least a jacket. He was just wearing a thin shirt a while ago. I got him a white jacket in his closet. He actually has a lot of clothes but wears few for some unknown reason.

After getting all I needed, I started walking where One's works. It is just 20 minutes' walking distance. The weather is good. It's perfect weather to date, the reason why there's a lot of couples and people on the streets.

It somehow made me feel sentimental, something I don't even know exists in me. I can't help but think, If I could be just like them, I could live an ordinary life without the burden of wealth. I guess everything would be easier.

This must be how it feels when you're sure about something but unsure of what awaits you.

It just feels like that.