Chapter 25 : You Were The Life

Chapter 25

You Were The Life

Jungwon's Point of View

I saw Jay waving his hand at me from the outside through the glass wall, I automatically smiled and waved back at him happily. He's wearing a sweatshirt and long pants he looks good as always. But he seems quite different for some reason.

I ignored it, thinking it was just me and distance.

There are still 20 minutes before my time out. I assisted and rang the goods of customers till no one was in the store. At this time, there's almost no customer as night is more deeper, so there's more a lot of free time.

I excitedly ran to him, but I flinched when I realized there was really something different from him.

He looked tired, his eyes are swollen in a closer look like he cried for a long time. He smiled at me like he usually does, but that did not cover the blues around him.

I smiled at him back, pretending not to catch that, as I knew, he wished and wanted me not to.

"Are you done?" He asked with a hoarse voice. He glanced at me intently. Even his eyes couldn't manage to hide the state he was in right now. The blues were very apparent.

I hugged him unconsciously as I felt something pinching my system. I did not say anything but just hugged him. He returned the hug tighter as he rested his head on my shoulder. He squeezed me in his arms to pull me into the tightest hug we shared.

No one talked. We let silence engulf us under the night sky and street lights above us, in front of the convenience store I worked in.

It was a calm night but I feel like my heart are being clasped tight right now and air can't find ways to my body as I see him like this.

"I love you, One." He whispered. I could feel dampness on my shoulder clothes, telling me he was crying...

He always says that. He always tells me he loves me at a most random time, but I can tell well this time that it wasn't a simple 'I love you, and that breaks my heart.

"I love you too, Jay." I assured him, as I wished and hope that would make him feel better and comfort him, as well as give him the strength he needs the most right now.

"Did something happen?" I asked him. I can't help but do so. Seeing him like this hurts and worries me. I caressed his shoulder softly to say I'm right here, "I can't help you love if you won't say it." I told him softly.

"Nothing... really, " he said, as he looked at me reassuringly, There are no tears in his eyes now, and he even managed to smile as he kissed my forehead gently,

I didn't know how long I stared at him, trying to figure out what must it be until the door hanger rang when someone entered the shop, I didn't want to leave by his side, but I had no choice to do so.

He nodded at me, telling me to go, "I'll wait here." He said with a smile.

All I could do was give him a small smile, hiding all the worries and likes of emotions in me as sharp pain continued to hit me.

The part-timer next to my shift arrived. He greeted me then said, Jay is outside to make sure I know. I just nodded at him and smiled.

As soon as my shift ended, I removed the vest from the locker and got my things. I walked to Jay's still standing at the corner leaning on the concrete wall.

"Let's go?" he asked me, raising his one eyebrow and smiling. I just nodded, and we started walking.

He didn't bring any of his cars, and that's okay.