Saving Grace

"There's no definitive proof. However, if they manage to spread their connections and amass the funds... what if the completed bullets could take quirks themselves and completely eradicate them? Many dark, dark ideas spring to one's mind."

Fatgum growls. "Just imaginin' it's gonna make my bowels seeth with rage! C'mon we gotta search their hideout!!"

"So you're saying that if these dudes had been able to take the girl under protection, then this whole situation would've been resolved right then and there?!" The hero scoffs, gesturing to Mirio and Midoriya.

I glance over to see the two with their heads bowed. They look upset with themselves and I get a sudden urge to comfort them. 'It wasn't their fault' is on the tip of my tongue when Nighteye speaks up to defend them.

"I take responsibility for all of it, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't put the blame on them. Even though they didn't know about her predicament, they both tried their best to save her. The ones who are most frustrated now are these two."

Both boys stand abruptly, their chairs clatter to the floor and I suppress a flinch at the sudden sound.

Midoriya has a determined look in his eyes. "We won't fail you this time, Eri...!

Mirio holds up a fist in agreement. "We'll protect her!"

Nighteye nods. "Yes, and that will be our goal."

"Tch. It's fine and all that the kid's alive but... if one were to guess, the boss would want to hide the girl, who is the component to his plan, right? And after all that trouble, she somehow makes it outside! And on top of that, to be spotted by these little brat heroes! Do you think he'd honestly keep her tucked away at the headquarters after all that? If it were me, I wouldn't. Because even if we were to attack, as long as the girl isn't there, then it doesn't matter. Have we been able to specify her exact whereabouts?"

"He's right. What do you think, Nighteye?"

"That's exactly the problem. We don't know how far he's planned ahead. If we don't finish them with one blow, they'll probably get the chance they need to launch a counterattack. And so we've looked at groups and organizations that have ties to all the precepts, as well as all known locations under the precept's control. We've left no stone unturned coming up with this list. We'd like everyone here to assist in searching each of these locations. Let's find the location and wring it out!"

I find myself tuning out some of the conversation. If I could see a picture of the little girl, Eri...

Maybe I could teleport directly to her...

Fatgum suddenly yells at Nighteye. Something about him having been All Might's sidekick and wasting time. The tall man snaps back a response I don't catch.

The old man from before jumps in. "We mustn't lose our cool. If we make a misstep trying to capture them, it could just end up fanning the flames-"

"You're overthinking it-!"

I look over when Eraserhead raises his hand. "Locating her might not be necessary."

"What do you mean?"

He stands, gesturing to me. "This is Meraki. His quirk allows him to teleport to anyone or anywhere he can see or visualize. Meaning, if you have a photo of the girl, he can retrieve her right now and be back in less than a minute."

Everyone's eyes are suddenly on me and it takes everything in me to keep from shrinking back. This is exactly what I hoped for when I heard about her situation. If I can save her without putting anyone else at risk, I would be more than happy.