ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 17

Kanjo's POV

After class, Aizawa comes get us and we follow him to the meeting room. I still don't feel very confident about myself.

"Nento Kanjo."

I lift my gaze as the teacher says my name. His eyes are more kind than I thought. I don't know why Shinsou said they were deadly.

"Shinsou said you're worth my time." He says as he checks his papers.

Okay, maybe they're not deadly. But his attitude is. Aizawa stares at me again.

"Tell me, Nento. Why are you here?"

Why? I look down. I don't know why I'm here anymore.

"I'm sure you didn't take that exam because of fun."

"I... wanted to become a hero."

"You wanted."

"I..."

"Listen, I'm here to give you a chance. I need you to improve that attitude. I read about you. Do you actually know how far you can go?"

I look at him confused.

"Both of you have a strong quirk, you just don't have the tools to make the most of it. We'll test your limits, train your body, and I'm sure we can get something useful from the department of support."

Now that he puts it like that, it doesn't sound so horrible. Maybe there's something I can do.

"What about you, Shinsou?" The teacher asks him.

"I'm here to become a hero, no matter what."

He sounds more confident than me. But I'm gonna fight as well. We're both here to fight for our dream.

"Me too." I finally say.

"Good. I'll explain how we're gonna do it. I'll train you one at a time. So I can focus on Shinsou this time, and on Nento tomorrow. Is that clear?"

We nod. Aizawa stands up from the couch to lead Shinsou to the training ground. The purple haired pats my shoulder.

"And Nento." He calls me before we part ways. "Keep your chin up. You should be proud of your quirk."

I stare at him as he leaves with Shinsou. I definitely didn't feel proud lately. My phone suddenly dings. It's Kirishima.

K: Hey Nento! What are you up to?

N: Just hanging out with my teacher.

K: For real? What happened?

N: Don't worry about it. He was just helping me with something.

K: Ah, good! Meet me at the park?

N: Sure thing.

I guess I'm hanging out with the spiky hair.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

The park is a very chill place. I wonder if he did it on purpose. As soon as I see him, he runs to me with a grin.

"You made it! I don't really have any plans. But you wanted to talk about something, right?"

I nod and take a sit on a bench nearby. He sits next to me, turning his whole body to face me. I do the same. I'm thankful he gives me some time to order my thoughts.

"How do you do that?"

"Do what?" He asks confused.

"Reading someone's mood like... knowing what to do."

The guy takes his time as well and finally shrugs.

"I don't know. I just look at them."

That sounds too easy. The red haired continues.

"It might be hard to understand since you just have to touch someone to know it. But maybe you should people watch sometime. I'm sure you'll notice really cool things."

"I actually never tried that before."

"How about we start now?" He asks excitedly.

I turn to look around. There aren't many people so this shouldn't be difficult. We spend the whole afternoon walking around the park and analyzing everyone. Someone even gave us a nasty look. We were staring too much.

"It was nice spending time with you. We should do this again."

"Yeah, of course! This might be a good training for me. Feelings don't give all the information I'd like to."

"They don't?"

"I mean, people don't act the same way at the same feeling."

"Good point!"

We make plans to meet again and hug each other.

As I get back home, my phone dings again. I'm gonna throw it into the ocean one of these days. Oh, it's Shinsou.

S: Kanjo, you there?

N: I'm here. How was training?

S: Prepare yourself. Aizawa sensei is really strict.

N: Oh my god...

S: I'm just dead in bed, I swear.

God help me.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

The next day, it's my turn for Aizawa to train me. I'm scared.

"I'll be straightforward. One thing is controlling someone's will, and another is controlling their emotions. Both can be dangerous, but there's a bigger risk of scarring someone with yours."

Emotions are really powerful. If there's something that makes them suddenly shift, if I'm not careful, I might harm not only the brain, but the whole body.

"Long story short. As long as you keep contact with someone you can feel, share and change emotions. That's your weakness."

"My weakness?"

"You always have to keep your contact. But, your strength is the time."

I focus as much as I can on what he's saying.

"If you can keep someone down for an hour, that would be very efficient."

"An hour?!"

"I'll let the department of support in charge of your equipment. You'll be able to connect with others remotely. Now about your body."

Aizawa made me train physically almost the whole afternoon. I was exhausted when I got back home. My phone got a message, but I was so tired I just fell asleep on the couch. This is gonna be hell for a long time.