ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 3

The next day, mom calls me from the living room while I'm reading on my bed. I rush to her and see an envelope. She gives it to me holding my hands. I don't even know what I'm feeling.

She seems amused and smiles at me.
"It'll be fine. No matter what happens, I'm here."

I nod and walk back to my room. There might be a tiny little chance that I got in. Right?

As I sit on my bed, I open the envelope and start to read:

~
𝑁𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝐾𝑎𝑛𝑗𝑜,

𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑒𝑥𝑎𝑚 𝑡𝑜 𝑈𝐴 𝐻𝑖𝑔ℎ 𝑆𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑙.

𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑑𝑖𝑓𝑓𝑖𝑐𝑢𝑙𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑢𝑠, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑢𝑛𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑢𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑤𝑒 𝑚𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑎𝑖𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢.

𝑈𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑝𝑢𝑟𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑘𝑦. 𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑟𝑘 𝑖𝑠 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑙 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑡 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑏𝑒 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑢𝑠𝑒𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑡𝑜 𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑙𝑦.

𝐼𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑖𝑠ℎ 𝑤𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑡 𝐺𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑙 𝐸𝑑𝑢𝑐𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛. 𝐼𝑡 𝑚𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐻𝑒𝑟𝑜 𝐷𝑒𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡.

𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑢𝑝 𝑎𝑛𝑑 "𝑃𝑙𝑢𝑠 𝑈𝑙𝑡𝑟𝑎".

𝑆𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑙𝑦, 𝑃𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑖𝑝𝑎𝑙 𝑁𝑒𝑧𝑢.
~

At first, I didn't know how to react. But this says I still have a chance. I do still have a chance. But what will mom think? I have to show her...

I stand up and walk to the living room. Mom looks at me from the couch, feeling the little hope I still have inside. She takes my letter and reads it. After a while she looks back at me. She's... smiling? I look confused and she laughs.

"Kanjo. You did your best. The Principal is saying you can make it to the Hero Department. You should be proud of yourself."

She takes the phone from her lap.

"I'm going to call your dad. He's going to be so happy for you."

I blink several times. I absolutely didn't expect that.

𑁍 𑁍 𑁍

I'm freaking out so badly right now. I'm going to go to UA. I still can't believe it. My parents had showed me their support, so it's my turn to show them my worth.

I take a deep breathe and head to the bus stop. This time my mom made my buns. I want to give a first good impression. I was wearing the school uniform. I don't like skirts, I feel uncomfortable in them. So I'm wearing shorts under it. And I had to learn how to wear a tie. My bag was hanging from my shoulder as I was waiting for the bus. I hear footsteps and see a familiar face next to me.

"Hey." He greets me with a faint smile.

It's Shinsou! And he's wearing the same uniform as me! I smile back at him.

"Hi Shinsou. How was the exam?"

Now he's feeling upset while keeping a straight face. Why? He passed, didn't he? However, his chest feels heavy.

"I..."

Before he could say anything the bus arrives and he gets in before me. I decide to sit next to him at the back. He doesn't look at me. Something happened. I just decide not to keep asking and talk about mine.

"I didn't pass."

Now he turns his face at me surprised. I give him a nervous smile.

"I messed up."

He shifts his gaze to his lap and he seems to relax a little.

"I didn't pass either. I'm going to General Education. But I'm not going to give up."
His determined eyes give me chills.
"I'm going to get into the Hero Course."

That was admirable. I look up to this guy.
"I'm sure you will. And I'll go with you."

"You want to change class too?"

I nod. "I'm at General Education and I want to become a hero too. I don't want to stay where they put me. We can help each other."

Shinsou smirks and offers me a fist bump. I gladly accept it.
"So... Nento, right?"
I nod once again.
"What's your quirk?"

"I can feel people's energy and change it too. That's why I didn't pass. They thought controlling others was risky. So I didn't really do anything..."
I started to feel a bit gloomy, and Shinso noticed.

"Hey, I did something similar. My quirk is brainwashing. If you answer to my voice I can control your body."
He gives me a sympathetic look.
"We're not very different from each other."

I can see he wants to cheer me up. He's nice. I feel like we're going to be good friends. And I'm definitely gonna help him. We're gonna become heroes. Together.