ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 1

There are voices, but I can't see anything. Did I pass out? My eyes open slowly when I start to see some light. I feel the soft blankets under me. Now the voices are more clear. They come from outside the room.

"She can't stay in crowded places. We should keep her homeschooled."

"But she needs a social life. You should know that since you're like her."

"Dear, I do know. That's why I'm keeping her home. She needs a peaceful place. You know this will happen again."

I hear a sigh.

"If that's what you want I won't stop you. But you should ask Kanjo first when she wakes up."

The door opens and I turn my head to see my parents walking towards my bed.

"Hey honey, how are you?" My mom asks sitting next to me.

"You look tired, you should sleep a little." My dad says rubbing my cheek.

"I'm okay. What were you two talking about?"

My parents look at each other for a second and my dad answers.

"We... were thinking you should stay homeschooled. It will be the best for your health."

My eyes open wider.
"Say what now?"

My mom sighs and keeps explaining.
"I know how is to feel overwhelmed by emotional energy. Having people around won't do you any good."

I got up immediately staring at them in disbelief.
"No! You know what I want, right? Staying away from people is exactly the opposite of that."

"That's why we're asking you. Kanjo... If we let you go, how do we know you'll be safe?"
My mom looks at me with concern.

I look down, knowing well that's impossible.

"Hey. How about this?"
My dad starts talking and we both stare at him with curiosity.
"Since you want to go to UA, if you get in we'll let you be. But if you do not, you'll stay home. We want you to be safe but happy too. So I think this is the best thing we can do."

My eyes shift to mom looking for her approval. She seems to hesitate at first until she lets out a defeated sigh.
"Okay. We should trust more in our little tadpole, shouldn't we?"
She gives me a soft smile and I jump from the bed to hug them both.
"Thank you! You won't regret it!"

I suddenly feel a bit dizzy, so my dad picks me up to tuck me in bed again.
"Get some rest. We'll wake you up when dinner's ready."
He ruffs my hair and my mom kisses my cheek before I see them leave.

I look at the ceiling thinking about UA. My face can't hide the happiness. I cover it with the blanket, kicking and giggling at my excitement. But my mind is still tired and soon I go back to dreamland.

𑁍 𑁍 𑁍

I hear the sound of my alarm. It's the day of the entrance exam. I'm not a morning person and I don't like spending too much time getting ready. I head to my closet and get a black hoodie, jeans and sporty boots. After changing clothes, I tie my hair in a couple of messy buns, staring at myself in the mirror. I make a couple of silly faces and get out, tripping on my way to the kitchen. There's only dad, leaning on the counter with coffee in hand, since my mom was called sooner from the hospital.

"Kanjo, be careful. You don't want to get hurt the day of your exam, do you?" He chuckles.

"Right. Sorry." I smile at him and take a couple of toasts for breakfast.

As soon as I finish I go back to the bathroom, brush my teeth and tiredly pick my phone as I head to the door.
"See you later, dad."

"Good luck tadpole!"

I open the door and close it behind me. There's a soft breeze and the sun is shining brightly. I can hear the birds and a dog barking in the distance.

I make my way downstairs and to the bus stop. It only takes a couple of minutes for it to arrive so I just wait standing.
A figure appears on the corner of my eye and I turn my head. There's a boy who seems my age, with purple hair and dark circles under his eyes. He seems distracted with his phone, so he doesn't notice I'm looking. I just ignore him and see the bus arriving. When I get in I take a sit at the front. That tired looking guy seems to prefer the back since he passes next to me. I spend the time in the bus checking my social media.
When I see the bus stop in which I need to get down, I hear someone push the button before me. I take a look behind and see it was the purple haired boy. Is he going the same place as me? I get out and walk to the place the exam takes place, not giving it much importance. But I can hear his footsteps behind me, it's kinda annoying honestly.

There it is. That door is fucking huge! And the purple haired boy is beside me now. So he was going the same way as me. Before going to the field, a really loud blonde guy explained us what we had to do. Knock down some robots to get points. I can see a lot of people gathered in front of the door. They all seem nervous and excited. But this guy... He doesn't show anything at all. I feel pretty awkward so I try to break the ice.

"Hey. I'm Nento Kanjo. What's your name?" I give him a gentle smile. My voice sounds a bit quiet and soft in front of strangers.

The guy looks down at me, seemingly indifferent, and nods.
"Shinsou Hitoshi."

When I look into his purple eyes, which didn't seem to have pupils, I can feel worry and the blood pressure in his head. There's a knot in his throat. I could try to make him feel a bit better.

"I'm pretty nervous but I'm sure we're going to be fine. Let's do our best."

He blinks a bit confused at first but then smiles back at me. It's not a big smile, but it's a smile.
"Of course."

Suddenly we hear a scream. It's that blonde guy again.
"LET'S START!"
Everyone got alerted and the door began to open. But no one moved.
"WHAT'S WRONG? THERE'S NO COUNT DOWN IN REAL FIGHTS! RUN! RUN!"

"Good luck."
Shinso says to me before running inside with the others.

I smirk and follow behind. This is going to be tough.