➪ 𝘁𝗲𝗻

"FIRST, THE TEAM THAT WILL PLAY ON the left side. Team 1. Team 1, please stand up." The masked manager spoke, i watched as the thug's team stood up. "And now, the team that will play on the right side. Team 7. Team 7, please stand up."

"Team 1 and 7 will be the first teams to play. Will both teams please go to your towers."

Tug of War is clearly a game of strength, and seeing the rest of the team 7, everyone knew they are already fucked up. We watched as Team 1 ruthlessly drag opposing team to their deaths. The thug and the rest of his men cheered triumphantly.

"There's no way in hell we're going to win." I said out loud.

Soon enough, i found myself standing along with the rest of my teammates, with team 5 next to us. I looked at them, all men. "Dammit." I muttered.

"Team 4 and team 5, please go to your towers." The masked manager commanded. I stared at him, i caught a few other guards were staring at me, "You're no fun." I said, loud enough for the masked manager to hear as he looked at me.

"Oh, man. I was looking forwards to killing you guys." The thug said to us, harshly. I rolled my eyes, then go to the tower with Gi-hun and the others.

We reached on a weird platform thing. I felt a pair of eyes burning a hole on the back of my head, i turned to look at the triangle mask. "Please survive." He said in a low voice. I nodded, "Thanks triangle man." I playfully punched his shoulder with my fist.

We entered the elevator, it ride up to the platform wasn't as i had hoped. "Come on. Don't lose your spirit." The old man said all of the sudden. "Tug of war needs more than just a raw strength."

"Well then, what it's about, huh? We just go and speak to them? Only one thing that can help us now. It's the lord himself, i know it." 244 scoffed. "You can barely stay standing, old man. So shut up and keep all your strength, okay?"

"Wait a minute, let's hear what the old man says." Gi-hun nodded at the old man for him to continue.

"Okay, when i was young, we always like Tug-of-War. It's a game I know well. And back then, I would always win, even if there was a wrestler on the other team, and it seemed the odds were stuck against us. Listen closely, and I'll tell you how my team and i were able to win even when it seemed impossible. First off, having a good leader is very important. The person is at the front and keeps an eye on how the other team is performing.

And the rest of the team focuses on the back of their leader's head and follows their lead. If the leader seems weak or looks like their spirit is beginning to falter, then the game is already over. And then at the end of the rope, you'll need to have someone strong and dependable like the anchor of a ship. After that, it's all about how you arrange the rest of your team.

If one player is on the right side of the rope, then the next one should be on the left, all the way down the rope. Both of your feet should be facing straight forward, and then, hold the rope in your armpits. That way, everyone can put in all of their strength. Finally, and this is absolutely the most important thing. Once the game begins, for the first ten seconds...

...you have to hold your ground. You should lean back, practically lie down. Push your lower abdomen up to the sky, as hard as you can. And throw your head back to the point where you can almost see the groin of the person behind you. If you do that, the other team won't be able to pull us to their side. Just hold like this for ten seconds. Then the opposing team will start to get frustrated because they are thinking, "Why won't they budge?"

Because they believed that they were much stronger. If you can hold out for that long, you will be able to catch a moment in your opponents' hold, and their rhythm breaks." Who knows the old man can be useful sometimes.