➪ 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

"TEN, NINE, EIGHT, SEVEN, SIX, FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONE." A beep came out, signalled that it was time to sleep. I was still awake, curling myself to a ball and hid under the blanket. My breath quickened, i heard a woman scream, players were awake and moving.

The lights were flickered on and off. Screams filled the room, i heard a loud crash. Someone harshly grabbed my leg and threw me to the floor. I whimpered when i felt a sharp pain on my leg, someone stabbed my leg. It's probably one of the thug's minion.

"Dammit, scumbag!" I yelled, and threw a fist on his jaw, still not satisfied even when i heard a 'crack'. I roughly kneed him where the sun doesn't shine, and harshly snatched the pocket knife from his hand, and stabbed his stomach. I saw 067 was getting chocked, then i felt a sharp pain on my back, someone back stabbed me.

I turned around and stabbed him on the neck with the pocket knife, i sent a kick on his stomach causing him to flew away. As soon i spotted Gi-hun, i ran towards him, "457! Are you okay?!" He asked worriedly, i nodded in response.

Our group gathered up, Sae-byeok at the back. I was holding a broken pipe from one of the bunkers. "Hey, Ssangmun-dong, what are you doing?" The thug asked. "We're just helping cull the herd." He laughed, looking at both me and 067.

"They're our teemmate, you got that?" Gi-hun said confidently. I suddenly felt uneasiness rushed down my spine. Then i remembered something...Jennie, Jisoo and Rose!

I slowly walked away from the group, luckily they didn't notice me. I started shouting for their names, "Rose! Jennie! Jisoo!" I looked around, only spotting a bloodied Jennie.

I rushed towards her, "Hey, are you alright?" I asked. She looked at me for a second before i see her life flashed in her eyes, her body slumped to the floor, lifelessly.

"All of you, stop this. I'm...i...i'm scared. We are all gonna die here! Everyone, every single one of us is going to die! Please, i'm so scared. Stop this madness!" I heard the old man yelling from the top of the beds.

"If you keep going, then we're all going to die here!" He rambled. Then, the triangle masked men came, one in particular shot in the air making all of us, dropping our weapons and put our hands up and turned. Well, actually i hide the pocket knife in...somewhere, where the masked men wouldn't find.

They inspected the other's pocket. I got checked by one of the masks, i felt a pat on my back, touching my deep wound, making me flinched.

'Stupid scumbag...' i thought.

He stopped, and walked away to check the other players.

'Well, i thought he's gonna help me or something...' i thought.

....

I got up from the bed and went to the bathroom. A guard came in with me....? I looked at him in confusion.

"Hey, you pervert, go away!" I tried to shoo him. He, however, didn't move, he stood there staring at me. I noticed that he didn't bring his gun, instead he brought first aid.

"Oooh, you want to...?" He nodded, i let him helped me carefully took off my jacket and shirt, leaving me in my singlet. I took it off myself, he looked at me then looked away. I looked down seeing i am only in my bra and pants, "Yah! Don't look at me you pervert!" I exclaimed.

After he treated my wounds, we have a teeny weeny chit chat. "Hey, triangle man." He looked at me. "Thank you." He nodded.

"Are you not allowed to speak?" I asked, he shook his head in response. "So you're allowed to speak? Either you don't want to talk to me or you're mute."

"I'm not mute." He mumbled. "You are so cute." I teased, he blushed furiously.

"Tug Of War." He stated. "What?" I asked, confused. "The next game is Tug Of War" he said.

"Good luck, 457."

....

"Uh, well, at this point, we should know what to call each other." Gi-Hun suggested. "Why don't we go around and tell each other our names now."

"I know your name already, though." 199 told him. "Ssangmun-dong."

Gi-Hun chuckled, "Ssangmun-dong is just my hometown. The name is Seong Gi-Hun. Seong Gi-Hun of Ssangmun-dong." 199 looked down in embarrassment.

"So then, what about your name?"

"Ali. Ali Abdul." He said. "Which country are you from?" Gi-Hun asked. "Pakistan." He answered. "Pakistan? Where is that?" Gi-Hun asked.

"It's right above India." Sang-Woo answered. "Ah, right." Gi-Hun nodded, he turned back to Ali with a grin. "Of course, he is. This man here went to SNU-"

"I'm Cho Sang-Woo." Sang-Woo interrupted. Ali nodded, then everyone turned to 067.

"Come on, really?"

"We're all teammates here now. We should really know about each other, build up a little trust, okay?"

"Kang Sae-byeok."

"Sae-byeok?"

"That's a pretty name. Though i'm not sure how well it fits." Everyone turned again to me, "Lisa." I said shortly. "Lisa? Just that?" Gi-hun asked.

"Lalisa Manoban."

"Where are you from?"

"Thailand."

"That's a pretty name too. And what is your name, sir? If you don't mind." Gi-hun asked the old man. "What? My name? Oh...It...uh...let me think. Hold on, it...so...it...they call me..." The old man stammered.

"It's okay. Hey, old man, you must be really shook up today. You know when i'm stressed, my home address slips right out of my head. Along with my social security." He chuckled.

"It'll be okay once you get some rest."