22. They Made Me Do It

"Please," Barry whispered, tears running down his cheeks.

He held the knife poised over his unconscious foster father. 

His arms shook as he tried to fight, "Please don't."

"You musssst," the voice hissed. 

Barry shook his head. 

"To free her we demand a sacrificcccce."

"I offered myself." Barry said.

"We cannot let the hosssst perishhhh." 

"I won't do it," Barry cried, "I can't."

"You must!" 

Barry's arm jerked forward unintentionally at the command, nearly slicing into Joe's chest.

"No!" Barry shouted.

"You have no choicccce! You would let the girl perishhhh?"

"She'd never forgive me for the price." Barry said, "And neither would I."

A chorus of eerie voices floated around Barry's mind, chanting, "Sacrificcccce."

Barry's arm shook with the effort it took to turn the knife towards himself. He didn't even notice his tears anymore.

"Here's your sacrifice," He growled.

Then he plunged the knife into his chest. 

***** LINE BREAK *****

Joe groaned as he came to. 

Something felt off. 

A similar type of off feeling as the one Joe got the day Iris disappeared. The day Barry started acting strangely. 

This caused Joe to sit bolt upright, totally aware. 

His eyes landed on Barry and his heart sank to the ground. 

"Barry," came the choked cry. 

He didn't have to be a detective to tell that Barry did this to himself. But he didn't know why. 

Tears streamed down Joe's face. "I can't loose you too Bar. Please. Don't do this to me son."

The door creaked open and a familiar gasp filled his ears.

***** LINE BREAK *****

Iris found herself suddenly back in her house. The same place where she was first sucked into that horrid place with the terrible voices. She heard their plans. How they intended to use her foster brother. How if he submitted to them they would be free. 

Her breath came in short gasps.

Something was wrong. They said she wouldn't get back. Not without a sacrifice. 

No no no. 

Iris raced through the house, looking for her family. She heard someone talking upstairs. 

She opened the door and gasped.

She thought she might be sick.

Her father turned his head sharply towards her and Iris ran to him and collapsed by him and Barry. 

Barry.

She covered her mouth.

He saved them. 

He saved them all. 

**********

A/N- I don't know if this fits the prompt very well, but it was the best I could come up with. I know it's short. Honestly... I don't know what to say about this one. 

I'm getting there! (Out of order but who cares really?)

Love y'all! :)