8:47- Eva Cudmore

Prompt: i'm not really sure of a good prompt to put for this one

~Your pov~

As I waited in the waiting room due to covid, i couldn't of help to only think of the worse possible outcomes.

Let me catch you up.

~flashback seven months~

I woke up because Eva got out of bed and ran into the bathroom, and started puking.

This is the second day she's been doing this and i'm actually worried.

I got up and and into the bathroom so I could hold her hair back.

When i got into the bathroom I gathered her hair, and but it in a ponytail.

I looked at the clock we had on the bathroom counter and it was 6:37 am.

"Hey baby, it's going to be okay." I said while rubbing her back.

She finished puking, and i helped her clean herself up, and then i carried her to the bed.

"Y/n can you grab me a water?" She asked.

"Yeah, i'll go grab you one love." I said and got up.

i walked downstairs of our house, and grabbed two water bottles from the fridge.

I walked back upstairs and gave them to her.

"Eva, we're going to go to the doctors today to see what's wrong, okay?"

"Okay. Thank you for taking care of me." She said while smiling.

"No problem, get some rest." 

I put some blankets over Eva, and went downstairs.

I made some tea, and some avocado toast.

When I was finished it was probably like 7, so i brought it upstairs to Eva.

"Wake up love." I said while kissing her head.

She slowly opened her eyes and smiled at me.

"Here, you should eat something." I set the food down next to her along side the drink.

She started to eat and drink her tea while i called the doctors.

~Evas pov~

I have an idea on what going on, but i really don't want to tell Y/n.

I know she's ready for it, but i don't know how she'll really react.

She was on the phone with the doctors office while I was just drinking my tea.

She hung up and walked over to me.

"Your appointment is at 8:30 love, let's get ready okay? I'll get your clothes."

Y/n is so sweet.

~Your pov~
~Time skip to when your at the appointment~

We arrived at the appointment, and I was just waiting in the room for the doctor to come back.

"What do you think is wrong Eva."  I asked her while holding her hand.

"I'm not sure." She said while kissing my forehead.

We waited a few more minutes before there was a knock on the door.

The doctor came into the room and smiled.

"We'll do you want to hear the good news or bad news?" He asked.

"The good news." I said.

"Well Eva, and Y/n. Congratulations." He said while smiling.  "You guys are going to be parents."

I looked at Eva, and the smile grew really big on both of our faces.

"I-i'm going to be a parent?!" I stuttered.

"That's right."

"IM GOING TO BE A PARENT!" I yelled while jumping up and hugging Eva.

~Time skip to current time~

But now here I am waiting for my premature son to be born.

I'm not sure he's going to make it, and it's killing me. I really want to be inside that delivery room right now.

Zack and Emma are here for support, trying to calm me down but it's really not working.

A few minutes go by before I hear someone say,   "Y/n. He's been born." I looked at the doctor and he was smiling. "Would you like to see your son?"

I nodded my head and we went into the delivery room, where my girlfriend was sitting.

"Where is he?" I asked her while sitting down next to her.

"They just took him." She said while smiling.

"Good job beautiful. You did good."

"He was having troubles breathing when we first came out, but they said he was good now."

"That's good." I grabbed Evas hand, and with my other hand I checked the time.

8:47

I looked up and seen the doctors come out.

"Eva, Y/n. We're Sorry. We tried everything. When the nurses took him back, his breathing kinda stopped. He's gone."

As i heard that my heart dropped.

"Time of birth, 8:45." The doctor said while hanging me my son. "Time of death, 8:47." He followed up with. "I'm sorry for your loss."

I looked down at my son.

"I'm sorry little buddy." I said while tears fell from my eyes.

Eva was crying, and I handed our son to her one last time.

A solid 20 minutes passed before the doctors took him back.

"I'm sorry baby, it wasn't supposed to end that way for him." I said while kissing her head.

——
word count: 830