Chapter 10

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters or the Naruto world, those belong to Kishimoto. Again, this story is mature and includes strong sexual themes and adult language.

Chapter 10

Naruto

Today has been a long ass day.

First, we had some missing genin who disappeared on their mission. Come to find out, they were sneaking around to have some fun. Fucking genin are having sex now. Kakashi sensei thought it was hilarious and couldn't talk to their parents with a straight face, so sent me instead. That conversation was lovely.

Then there was a diplomatic issue with the Hidden Mist Village. I guess Kakashi made a joke about Mei not being married yet in a missive that almost started another great war. Again, Kakashi laughed so hard and handed the phone to me. I got an earful from the Mizukage for an hour before I finally convinced her she was beautiful and still had time to find herself a husband, and no I was not an option. I did, however, suggest Kakashi sensei and told her she should call him back tomorrow since I have the day off. Man what I would give to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.

And of course Shikamaru just had to find paperwork that mysteriously ended up in my trash can that needed my attention before I left for the day.

What a douche. He knew I wanted to get him early tonight so we could celebrate the kids birthday. I pretended to read through it until he left the room and promptly threw it back in my trash before leaving out the window in secret. I'm not staying for my full shift, I'm leaving early and they can suck it.

Walking into the house, I hear laughter coming from the living room and smile. This is what I live for, coming home and hearing my kids giggle and seeing Sakura's smiling face. I turn the corner, expecting to see my family and come face to face with a man. I leap back into the wall, emitting a loud scream.

"You idiot," Sasuke mumbles, rubbing his ears. I glare at him. You can't scare a man like that in his own home.

"Me? You're the one surprising me with your stupid broody face, ya know," I complain, rubbing the back of my head. God that hurt. I pause, really taking in that he's here, and my face breaks out into a grin. "Dumbass."

He rolls his eyes at me but we both reach forward and hug each other. Not for too long obviously, we are men after all. And there were definitely no tears building up in my eyes. Nope.

"Aww, how cute," Sakura says, coming up beside us causing the both of us to jump. Dammit, what's with everyone trying to scare me tonight. I snicker at Sasuke, because he can't deny he was scared for a second too and he jabs his elbow into my gut.

"Hey! You got a new arm!" I yell, grabbing it in excitement. He glares at me, but doesn't pull away.

"Sakura had us stop by the hospital on the way home and they fitted me for it. Apparently they've had this ready for years now," he says, glancing at his wife in appreciation.

I sigh, seeing the look on his face. So he's decided to fight for her after all. Good. I'd be pissed off if he wasn't.

"Dad," Sarada says, running up to me. I swing her into my arms, happily kissing her cheek, as Sasuke watches. His good mood seems to dissipate and I smile sadly at him. I guess he didn't get as warm a welcome as I did just now. I'm about to open my mouth, tell him it'll take some time, but Sarada keeps babbling away. "Mom got mad at me in the ice cream store after I said I saw you two naked on the table the other night. Tell her it's not nice to yell at me for telling the truth. I did see it! I ran away before you saw me, because it was gross, but Boruto told me I was lying and I was not lying, so I had to prove I saw you guys."